Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bomb RUMOURS last Thursday

Lush

Mods' Pet
What rumours did you hear that turned out to be either totally unfounded or were hushed up pretty damn quickly!

During the day I heard that:

1) another wave of bombs had been timed to go off at 5pm to hit commuters on their way home

2) that a suicide bomber had been shot at Canary Wharf before they had a chance to detonate their bomb.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Well, my 13 year old sister heard at school that the French were bombing London becauese we got the Olympics.

Can anyone confirm this?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That there was a bomb in a police station at Holborn, the office opposite had been evacuated and everyone was in panic on the streets.

That there were 3 unexploded bombs found at Brighton Station.

That aliens had uprooted the Post Office Tower and Big Ben, and were using them as giant chopsticks on the pigeons in Trafalgar Square.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
1) that the aldgate and liverpool street bombs were not one incident but two

2) that the houndsditch bomb was a third incident

3) the shooting in canary wharf

4) old street

5) moorgate

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Some DOPEY C**T on NSP (who shall remain nameless) declared that a further bomb had gone off in Leicester Square.

Last edited:

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
1) That the Edgware Road blast was at 9:17am.

Not true. It was 8:50am, I should know as I was on the adjacent train. :(

2) That the emergency services responded rapidly and efficiently.

Bollocks. No ambulances, fire, or police turned up until at least 25 minutes later, despite St Mary's Hospital being no more than 500 yards away.

Great to be back on here by the way. :)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not a rumour, but I know someone who is in MI6 and carries a gun. He was sitting in the station in London with his workmates at 10am because they hadn't even been bloody told what had happened. 10 f***ing am, over an hour after the first blast. Great work by the police there!

Last edited:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Easy 10 said:
That there was a bomb in a police station at Holborn, the office opposite had been evacuated and everyone was in panic on the streets.

That there were 3 unexploded bombs found at Brighton Station.

That aliens had uprooted the Post Office Tower and Big Ben, and were using them as giant chopsticks on the pigeons in Trafalgar Square.

The police station on lambs conduit street was evacuated, and so were we, just the other side of the road from it. Got sent home at 11.30 and office was shut on friday too.

Some kind of suspect package, coppers getting very excited running up and down the street shouting.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
That someone commited or attempted to commit suicide on the railway line between Three Bridges and Brighton, and possibly had bombs this was on Thursday, I hope this rumours a load of cobblers not heard anything else about it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Strike said:
That someone commited or attempted to commit suicide on the railway line between Three Bridges and Brighton, and possibly had bombs this was on Thursday, I hope this rumours a load of cobblers not heard anything else about it.

There have been plenty of suspicious packages called in to the police in Brighton since Thursday, and no doubt elsewhere too.

FFS, you'd think people would be more intelligent in these times than to leave bags lying around in public. The "device" exploded at Brighton Station last week was a suitcase that some plum had abandoned.

Sad thing is, I know the Met had had over 50 hoax bomb calls as of yesterday, which goes to suggest that there would probably be a fair few made in Sussex as well. What is wrong with these people?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I can't remember which news channel I was watching at the time but one of them stated that 3 buses had been blown up.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Everest said:
Not a rumour, but I know someone who is in MI6 and carries a gun. He was sitting in the station in London with his workmates at 10am because they hadn't even been bloody told what had happened. 10 f***ing am, over an hour after the first blast. Great work by the police there!

He shouldn't have told you he's in MI6...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Tom Hark said:
What was with that 'power surge' bollocks that the Beeb were still running with about an hour later?

thats what they originally thought caused the explosion

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Everest, what is the name of your mate in 6, Walter Mitty?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
afters said:
1) that the aldgate and liverpool street bombs were not one incident but two

2) that the houndsditch bomb was a third incident

3) the shooting in canary wharf

4) old street

5) moorgate

Since my girlfriend works in Moorgate, i enjoyed that no end.

I also heard a report that there were two controlled explosions on the other buses. What happened to them ?

I hope someone looks back at especially the Sky coverage. It seems any unsubstantiated rumour was ending up on their ticker.

You wonder where conspiracy theories come from.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Some DOPEY C**T on NSP (who shall remain nameless) declared that a further bomb had gone off in Leicester Square.

An ambulance man said that on TV actually, I saw it just before I went to bed.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Fair enough, but then that makes the AMBULANCE MAN the GOON.

Actually, thinking about it he said that the emergency services had been called there, didn't actually say it was a bomb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here