Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton Release15 Players

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
BBC Sport - Bolton Wanderers allow 15 players to leave after relegation

Fifteen players have left Bolton Wanderers following their relegation from the Premier League, while Kevin Davies has signed a new one-year deal.
The striker and defender Sam Ricketts, who has agreed a two-year deal, are the only players to commit to the club.
Negotiations with Jussi Jaaskelainen and Zat Knight are ongoing.
Ricardo Gardner, Gretar Steinsson and Ivan Klasnic are among those released, while Nigel Reo-Coker has activated a release clause in his contract.
Paul Robinson, Sean Davis, Robbie Blake, Mark Connolly, Tope Obadeyi, Rhys Bennett, Dino Fazlic and Tom Eckersley have also not been offered new deals.
Meanwhile, Tuncay, Ryo Miyachi and Dedryck Boyata have all returned to their parent clubs after reaching the end of their loan spells at the Reebok Stadium.

Job?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Jaaskelainen will go to one of the promoted clubs, surely. Southampton still looking for keepers?

Surprised Davies has signed a new deal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They're about £100m in debt, so its no surprise they're clearing the decks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw Klasnic play a year or so ago and I liked the look of him. I do believe he is on his third kidney as well.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
They'll struggle massively next year. In a right old mess financially, the fans will vanish now they're no longer in the Prem (it's a pretty small town), paper-thin squad. Actually i hope we open up the new season versus them... we'd absolute HUMP them.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I saw Klasnic play a year or so ago and I liked the look of him. I do believe he is on his third kidney as well.
He'll go back to Bundesliga I would think.

Sean Davis might be worth a look, he used to be an alright midfielder.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'd love to sign Kevin Davies, I will be betting on him being top scorer next season.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I thought Carlton Cole would dominate this league, as with John Carew. They didn't, not sure Kevin Davies will have the impact many think, he'll be decent though.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Havin 3 premier league clubs on their doorstep wont help either. Wigan's crowds could be helped with Bolton & Blackburn going down.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought Carlton Cole would dominate this league, as with John Carew. They didn't, not sure Kevin Davies will have the impact many think, he'll be decent though.

On the other hand, Jason Roberts and Kevin Phillips have been superb.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Small? Its population is bigger than Brighton's - do you think we'll struggle to attract fans too?

You mean Bolton, the town which is on the doorstep of the clubs which finished 1st and 2nd in the premier league, also Wigan, Blackburn and Burnley, with a population of 139,403, is bigger than Brighton and Hove, the city with a population of 256,600 situated in a county without another league club (crawley do not count) that has a population of 1.5 million?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here