Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton home tickets released for sale

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I got 3 tix on Tuesday arrived today. Needed 3 together, first visit since new seats went in. Taking 2 mates who have not been to Amex yet. Asked four ESU told no. I was offered SW corner for £34 S1B. But the tix say east stand entrance and south stand. Are you guys saying I could have got ESU if I had waited. Can someone tell me where I am sitting as I am confused.It sounds like I could have paid £28 for a similar seat. I may call again tomorrow and have a rant and try to get them changed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
This is such a joke!

This.

And how many empty seats will there be for Tuesday night's game?

Putting ONLY the £34.00 tickets on sale until three days before the game iis pricing casual fans out of coming to The Albion.

A the moment, the club will argue that with the highest attendances in theFL they have got it right. That's because of the number of STH we have, not because of the way match day tickets are sold.

Derby have a dynamic pricing policy, where the earlier you buy your matchday ticket the cheaper it is, a bit like trains/flights etc. IMO that's what we should be doing.

Either that, or when we have LOADS of unsold tickets left, trying selling them to some of the THOUSANDS of students we have on our doorstep at reduced prices.

A ST will ALWAYS be best value, and you couldn't do student prices for every game, bu for the likes of Peterborough and Bristol City on a Tuesday night, the club have got it very wrong.

Gumbo

Feb 18, 2009
The £34 price(plus booking fee) stops me from buying from the club. Usually just get one from here(home tickets for sale) a few days beforehand and there is normally plenty of choice for 20 odd pound and the club misses out on my money. Shame..

It really needs a few more people to make their views known to the club. With other issues in the past they have been good at listening and reacting.

I have a guess that those in the power position have no idea their current ticket policy is so unpopular.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I got 3 tix on Tuesday arrived today. Needed 3 together, first visit since new seats went in. Taking 2 mates who have not been to Amex yet. Asked four ESU told no. I was offered SW corner for £34 S1B. But the tix say east stand entrance and south stand. Are you guys saying I could have got ESU if I had waited. Can someone tell me where I am sitting as I am confused.It sounds like I could have paid £28 for a similar seat. I may call again tomorrow and have a rant and try to get them changed.

You are effectively sitting in the East Stand lower, just one block along from where my East Stand season ticket is and will have the away supporters to your left in the corner.

I think the Cardiff supporters were in that block, but haven't seen any others as close as far as I remember, so I guess they're always sold as home tickets now.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The club is adopting a small time old school F the customer attitude to this. We must make an additional £1-2k tops a game by only offering the expensive seats first, unbelievable small time profiteering which could in the long term lose so much more.The fans get the perception it is always expensive unitl a day or so before the game, and therefore are more likely to arrange to do different things on match day.

For a club that has come so far some of the things that still go on are so un-customer focussed its untrue.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There is very little difference between the seats on the lower level so just keep the pricing band the same. Upper levels ok but this is going on and on.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
This all seems very short sighted,got a bit of Ken Bates about it.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
The £34 price(plus booking fee) stops me from buying from the club. Usually just get one from here(home tickets for sale) a few days beforehand and there is normally plenty of choice for 20 odd pound and the club misses out on my money. Shame..

Me too, why spend 34 when u can spend 20 and probably a better seat than the site offers!

That's not the subject at all here. Bolton will likely be a home sell out (or near as dam it).

The issue we are discussing is why only the most expensive tickets are offered for sale first. If you are organised and buy when they go on sale, you pay top dollar and have no choice.

If you leave it late, there is a choice of stands and the option to buy a ticket for £28.

But you run the risk of not getting a ticket at all.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
That's not the subject at all here. Bolton will likely be a home sell out (or near as dam it).

The issue we are discussing is why only the most expensive tickets are offered for sale first. If you are organised and buy when they go on sale, you pay top dollar and have no choice.

If you leave it late, there is a choice of stands and the option to buy a ticket for £28.

wish the airlines took this approach but they do it the otherway round.

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
It really needs a few more people to make their views known to the club. With other issues in the past they have been good at listening and reacting.

I have a guess that those in the power position have no idea their current ticket policy is so unpopular.

I have emailed the club today as I am seriously miffed about this issue. I got caught out recently for the Boro game when taking my family to the match. The next game i want to take them all to is the Watford match but there is no way i'm spending £34 on a ticket when there are bound to be cheaper tickets available nearer the time - in parts of the ground that i'd rather sit in. However, it would be nice to secure some tickets now as they are a Christmas pressie.

The approach the club are taking currently is really short-sighted and should be addressed asap. I am aware of several friends and colleagues who have been put off buying tickets for future games for this reason. I expect the additional revenue that might be made on selling the more expensive tickets would not cover lost ticket sales and more importantly, some goodwill of fans.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
As others have said, it's out of order that the club continue to sell the tickets in this way. I know our attendances are high but the club don't seem to be making the most of the extra seats just to get a few extra pounds by putting only the expensive seats on sale. It doesn't really fit in with the community stadium concept.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bit like advertising under 9's for £4 in the family area. When in fact you can't get tickets in the family area and end up having to pay over double that, to take your 7 year old daughter, who has little interest in going to a game...If I don't pay the extra I would have to miss the game myself. It only happens a few times a season but there no tickets available in the family area, so why advertise them???

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You are effectively sitting in the East Stand lower, just one block along from where my East Stand season ticket is and will have the away supporters to your left in the corner.

I think the Cardiff supporters were in that block, but haven't seen any others as close as far as I remember, so I guess they're always sold as home tickets now.

Thanks Sully you are right. I called customer service today and he explained just that. I also asked about ESU tix that were rumoured to be now on sale, he said there are a few dotted around but as i need 3 together there is no chance. So i am now happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here