Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora kicked-off his Spurs career in style

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
i thought you were talking about useless prem managers(walter smith,hoddle....lol)

look how well everton have done since they got rid of smith

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
He'll look like the bargin of the season, and we'll look like mugs.:(

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Charlies Shinpad said:
and the words of Glen Hoddle saying,and I quote"We have got a Steal here"
Thats what hurts the most in my eyes:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ain't THAT the truth. This is one scenario that can be laid 100% at Dick Knight's door. It might well be a buyer's market - but only for shit players. Nobody put a gun at DK's head & made him sell off the Albion's once-in-a-generation natural-born goalscorer, he just went for the quick buck - doubtless to help finance the three-ring circus that is the extended Falmer Inquiry. Hoddle KNOWS he's got a steal - which means that the Albion's been mugged.

Grrrrrrr... :mad: :censored:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tom Hark said:
Nobody put a gun at DK's head & made him sell off the Albion's once-in-a-generation natural-born goalscorer, he just went for the quick buck

Grrrrrrr... :mad: :censored:

I'm as pissed off about Bobby going as anyone else, but....

1. He is a second division player, who, although he has some under-21 caps, has not shone when playing at that higher level
2. The Albion are skint, they failed to pay the wages on time last month
3. He is worth what someone is prepared to pay for him, Everton have lost interest since Rooney appeared, Leicester have no money, West Ham have just been relegated and Charlton never were interested.
4. He wanted to go, no point forcing him to work where he does not want to be, you dont get the best out of people that way
5. It's a buyers market, apart for the very best players

My main criticism of DK is that he got such a lousy sell on clause. If Bobby is as good as we hope ( and lets not forget there were quite a few 'can't be arsed' performances last season) and therefore joins a true 'Big' club, we will get bugger all out of the deal. Thought we could have stuck out for at least 20-25%

Jul 20, 2003
Hoddle :angry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:angry:

where did that smiley hitting it's head against a brick wall go?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This feels like hearing an ex-lover is having better sex than they did when they were with you !

Jul 20, 2003
pasty said:
This feels like hearing an ex-lover is having better sex than they did when they were with you !

thanks for the insight, I've always wondered what that must feel like :lol:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
BLimey, he scores two goals against a third division team and you all think he is in line for top premiership striker. If thats the case why aren't we all jumping around celebrating the fact that Chris MCPhee is amazing after scoring 4 goals in two games, cause we all know it won't last.

That picture of Bobby looks sooo wrong. Saw him speaking on London news programmes the day he signed, he was wearing a spurs polo shirt and i nearly cried. Loads of people i work with in Southend have been winding me up about us letting him go on the cheap, but saying that most of them are gooners or west ham. I may of missed it, but i haven't seen Bobby pay the fans or the club any thanks or honours for his time with us.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
It'll be more interesting to see if he plays in the serious friendlies in a couple of weeks. I'm not convinced he'll be in the first 11 in the Prema Donna league
what about when he played for england-u21's?

i'll do zamora watch and if you like brooker watch?

just let me know !

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
whoops quoted the wrong bit,sorry!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It's great to see Zamora being successful, but it makes me cringe every time I think of Hoddle smiling and boosting his already bloated ego whenever his "genius" signing does the business.:nono:

IED

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
we are playing spurs tommorow , should be good.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here