Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora blew his England chances last night

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bobby Zamora blew his England chances last night and he did't even play !.

Whilst Bobby was sitting on the sidelines with the other wheezy boys ( again) Defoe came in and sealed his England place. Rooney is never going to be dropped lets face it and Zamora I believe would have started upfront with Rooney last night.

As it is Zamora had to be a spectator yet again and his latest injury in a catelogue of injuries could not have come at the worst time.

I think Zamora will probably not be selected for England again , only as late cover for injuries as he is now labelled as a " sicknote " and too much of a liability.

Capello has probably had enough of watching Zamora and knocking on his door only for Zamora to get a knock and have to pull out. You need a player with more substance than that and someone more reliable. Zamora for a big lad seems to get injured too much and slight challenges other players would shrug off see's Zamora hobbling off the park.

Its a shame but these are the harsh facts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Defoe's always been more 'in yer face' than BZ and always more likely to catch the manager's eye. Even on BZ's Under-21 debut, if memory serves, Defoe was playing the striker's role and BZ was stuck on the wing.

And I don't see what the great revelation about Defoe 'sealing his place' is anyway. It was patently obvious in the run up to the World Cup that Defoe was by far the liveliest England forward, and if Capello was worth his money, he'd have made Defoe first choice up front with Spud instead of that donkey Heskey. Simples.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Zamora would have started last night but this latest injury has tried Capello's patience too much. In any case Zamora is too much of a liability now. You cannot base a plan and a team on a player who is so physically weak.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Bobby Zamora blew his England chances last night and he did't even play !.

Whilst Bobby was sitting on the sidelines with the other wheezy boys ( again) Defoe came in and sealed his England place. Rooney is never going to be dropped lets face it and Zamora I believe would have started upfront with Rooney last night.

As it is Zamora had to be a spectator yet again and his latest injury in a catelogue of injuries could not have come at the worst time.

I think Zamora will probably not be selected for England again , only as late cover for injuries as he is now labelled as a " sicknote " and too much of a liability.

Capello has probably had enough of watching Zamora and knocking on his door only for Zamora to get a knock and have to pull out. You need a player with more substance than that and someone more reliable. Zamora for a big lad seems to get injured too much and slight challenges other players would shrug off see's Zamora hobbling off the park.

Its a shame but these are the harsh facts.

Has your son hacked into your account or something? Or are you still pissed?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very elloquent and intelligent. The new breed of NSC. Are you capable of making a point ?. If so do it.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
I think Zamora would have started last night but this latest injury has tried Capello's patience too much. In any case Zamora is too much of a liability now. You cannot base a plan and a team on a player who is so physically weak.

'Cannot base a plan'?!

They're trying to qualify for a tournament, not going over the top for Christ's sake.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So you think you build a team around someone who is always injured. It is a plan and a long campaign. Are you still pissed or did your Son hack into your account ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You haven't actually made a f***ing point yet.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
So you think you build a team around someone who is always injured. It is a plan and a long campaign. Are you still pissed or did your Son hack into your account ?.

Is there an echo in here?

You may be able to build a team around an individual of course, but clearly not someone like Zamora though.

But then you're the only one suggesting that?!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seriously put forward your view. Do you think Zamora will be part of Capello's Euro 2012 plans now ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No team will win a competition with just 2 forwards so BZ could well be one of the back up strikers to be brought on if the starting two are having an in different game.

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
In the past few seasons Bobby has become a holding player who has suddenly re found his eye for goal. As a result he has become a player England have not had for years. He can use his strength to hold up play and drag defenders around. We all know how much Capello likes the Holding/Attacking striker combination so i think its incredibly naive to think Zamora wont play for England again. Defoe could not be more different an option than Bobby, and a team without the ability to have different options will soon get found out. Capello isn't stupid enough to not pick a player, who is in top form because he had a slight injury when he last tried to select them. From the way Bobby changed the game last time he came on for England alone will make Fabio want to experiment with him more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here