Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Williamson Sacked

Icy Gull said:
He got sacked from Gillingham for gross misconduct didn't he and sacked from Stoke for not using the foreign transfer market or do you know more than the rest of us ???

The results at both teams were far from relegation form at the time weren't they, so hardly footballing reasons for dismissal. Hope he doesn't get the chance to turn Plymouth round

Not being able to sign foreign players is not a "footballing reason" failure? :)

Let me just say, I'm glad that it's not a failure that McGhee shares :thumbsup:

The Laughing Bluebird said:
I presume there are. And they are more than likely the same sort of reasons that meant the likes of Micky Adams, Peter Taylor, Steve Coppell and Mark McGhee were out of jobs before they took over at Albion.

Well, that's certainly setting a standard for Pulis :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Not being able to sign foreign players is not a "footballing reason" failure? :)

:

That was the rather bizarre reason given, lets's see if Stoke do better this year with a manager who does what he's told rather than what he thinks best?

I think Pulis is more of an Ernest type manager who wants hard working anglo saxon lads :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Tony Pulis has never signed a player shorter than 6ft.

Icy Gull said:
I think Pulis is more of an Ernest type manager who wants hard working anglo saxon lads :rolleyes:

As backhanded compliments go, that's one of the best I've heard :D

I wonder if Dave Jones will be next, alongside Plymouth in the table, and they've shelled out all that money......:jester:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here