Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby, Bobby - what have you done?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A couple of months ago, I reckon the general view on here was that while Zamora was fully entitled to his dream move to the Premiership, and went with everyone's best wishes, Spurs was considered to be the wrong club at the wrong time.

Quite a few people reckoned that given their shite end to last season a very possible scenario was that if Spurs had a bad start Hoddle could be out in a couple of months, and a new manager might not fancy Zamora - as many Premiership bosses clearly didn't, for whatever reason, in the previous year or so.

It's not looking good for the boy, he could seriously do with a goal, Tottenham are in crisis with a director of football and manager who don't get on, or even agree about players. Should have been reading here Bobster, and gone to Leicester...

Lush

Mods' Pet
A new manager will come in soon, then we will see.

It would be a shame if the new bloke doesn't rate Bobby though. He still isn't proven at Premiership level so the chances are he wouldn't be offloaded to another Premiership team. It could be someone like - aaargh - Cardiff............

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
it was qquite funny watching the post match interview with hoddle, he said that it was only the 6th game of the season and not the 16th, so there is no need to panic! haha 6 games is quite alot Glenn Hoddle!:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Lush said:
A new manager will come in soon, then we will see. It would be a shame if the new bloke doesn't rate Bobby though. He still isn't proven at Premiership level so the chances are he wouldn't be offloaded to another Premiership team. It could be someone like - aaargh - Cardiff............

Don't worry Lush. It won't be us. Scoring goals ain't our problem. Keeping them out at the other end is our problem!

It's a shame that we are not really getting an opportunity to see what Zamora is capable of at Premiership level. But by all accounts he hasn't impressed when he has been given a first team chance.

Perhaps he's simply not up to that standard?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Don't worry Lush. It won't be us. Scoring goals ain't our problem. Keeping them out at the other end is our problem!

It's a shame that we are not really getting an opportunity to see what Zamora is capable of at Premiership level. But by all accounts he hasn't impressed when he has been given a first team chance.

Perhaps he's simply not up to that standard?

Perhaps indeed. Wouldn't be the first striker to impress in the Football League but not make the step up.

However what he had at Brighton was a crop of players who were good at the level we were playing at creating a host of chances. I still think Zamora's one of the best finishers I've seen so maybe he either needs a few more chances created for him or that 1st goal to get his confidence going.

It's an odd feeling checking Spurs results, they're a side I've really only ever disliked intensly and yet a few goals from the Bobster will mean more money for us at some point what with the sell on clause.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Buy him back and take full advantage of Tottenham's sell-on clause. Div 1 beckons and that would suit Bobby more than the outfit he's currently with. Remenber Hoddle's not got a good record in the transfer market, and it can't be everyone else that's got it wrong on this one.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Spurs ARE the best club for Bobby - time will tell

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
LOL !!! So much for time!!!

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I think he hit the bar on Sat so he is getting closer to that first goal but Kanoute is taking all the glory.

bob's big problem, is that every forward there has been competiting for places in a side not scoring greatly. I have watched lots of the highlights and have been stunned by the lack of passing and interaction by their forward line. The forwards are just looking after no !.

Bob's done some good runs, has got in good positions. At Brighton he would have been picked out. At Spurs the others are just going it alone.

Poor Bob.

LC1:nono: :dunce: :ohmy:

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
My boss is a seaason ticket holder at Chelski and said that Zamora played well last week, holding the ball up nicely, passing the ball well, but as said previously, he won't score if chances are not being made by the rest of the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here