Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob from Sompting, BBC Sussex contributor

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Good luck with that. Over the years, they have let Neil Kane, Timmy and FG amongst others on air continually to continue their puerile trolling on a different medium. I think they are just glad that someone has phoned them.
Don't forget Ron from Portslade.......now sadly deceased.....he was always good value.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The bloke from Haywards Heath was Alan Golds, who we later had to ban, in fact I think he also had some enforced time away from NSC.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
attachment.php

Attachments

• bob-from-sompting.png
    bob-from-sompting.png
    796.2 KB · Views: 738

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
My best mate's Dad. Ron was a keeper in his playing days and was forever ringing the show to berate Kuipers. Harty did the funeral. RIP Ron.
Yes, I was at the funeral....he was a lively and opinionated bloke....I knew him very well....and in fact still see his wife on a regular basis.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hugo is still about.. Had a chat in Sainsburys with him just the other day. A few years back a pic of him was doing the rounds on Twitter, as he sat for a whole game at the Amex with his cycle helmet on & someone snapped it as they thought it was unusual :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A horrible ignorant man whose name I had to keep from my sons as they wanted to 'bump into him' in a pub in HH.

What was your beef with him BG?!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He said something very detrimental to me on the radio which I just laughed off as him being a silly old fool but my sons took humbrage. Harty did tell him he was out of order. But a lot of water has passed under that bridge now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He said something very detrimental to me on the radio which I just laughed off as him being a silly old fool but my sons took humbrage. Harty did tell him he was out of order. But a lot of water has passed under that bridge now.

You were on the radio presenting the show or something?! I'm confused how you and he were on at the same time?!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You were on the radio presenting the show or something?! I'm confused how you and he were on at the same time?!

I was the caller before him to Harty he followed and got very personal and nothing to do with my opinions on football which I dont expect every one to agree with and my sons got the hump.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and yet saying hurtful and very detrimental stuff about people on an open forum is fine and dandy.

Odd..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I once had a rant at John Byrne about our defending, [emoji17].

We'd lost 4 something at Withdean to a nothing team and he was defending Tunnicliffe or whoever the other CB was....... And they'd both had nightmares.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Slightly off topic but at virtually every game I have listened to on player,at half time they seem to interview the same fan on the first half performance.
Is he a stalker who hangs around the commentary position?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here