Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

boardwalk empire!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It was brilliant. Proper tele. The yanks could teach us a thing or two while we churn out soaps that involve peope shouting at each other and endless z list "celebrity" shows.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I loved the first 6/7 episodes but I too seem to have given up there and not seen it through. I will go back and watch it though.

I am working my way through Breaking Bad at the moment, now that is SUPERB! Seems to hold my attention a little more.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It was brilliant. Proper tele. The yanks could teach us a thing or two while we churn out soaps that involve peope shouting at each other and endless z list "celebrity" shows.

I would actually say that the vast majoirty of American shows are crap and could learn a thing or two from the Beeb! The exception to this rule is the HBO stuff innit.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Looking forward to the second series

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would actually say that the vast majoirty of American shows are crap and could learn a thing or two from the Beeb! The exception to this rule is the HBO stuff innit.

Breaking bad isnt HBO...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I've given up on Boardwalk. I think I would've watched it all if it was on a boxset, but waiting
a week inbetween episodes didn't work for me, so gave up

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
I am working my way through Breaking Bad at the moment, now that is SUPERB! Seems to hold my attention a little more.

Bryan Cranston is utterly brilliant in BB, fantastic show - I didn't think anything could touch the Sopranos (my favourite of all the HBO-ers) but Breaking Bad definitely gives it a run for its money!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have been hanging on for dear life with 'The Killing' on chan 4 and was just about to give up last night when I heard it is the feature length finale next week. Will see it through now but it has been a bit too slow at times.

Where can I catch up with BB ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought Boardwalk Empire was superb, but then I'm a massive Buscemi fan.
Hoping to see more of Chalkie White in the next one. His monologue with the KKK guy in the last series was (for me) the best scene in the entire series.

"Well...I ain't building no bookcase..."

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Have been hanging on for dear life with 'The Killing' on chan 4 and was just about to give up last night when I heard it is the feature length finale next week. Will see it through now but it has been a bit too slow at times.

Right, one more post before I can post quotes...

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
I think the Beeb and Channel 4 produce some cracking documentaries but drama wise its poor.

The US on the other hand produce some amazing stuff. TV for me peaked with the Sopranos. Gutted when that ended.

On top of that

Boardwalk Empire
The Wire
House to name but a few.

Anyone watch Brick City the other day on sky Atlantic ? Any good ?

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

Watched the Danish version of The Killing. Superb series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here