Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Board disharmony of yesteryear

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I would be very surprised if the Candy King had imparted that type of information to anyone. If he did it would have been in confidence.........well it was.

To be fair Tim Chris Cattlin revealed this in his speech to the Gulls Eye 1990 dinner.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Don't forget Tim back in 1990 you were still doing a paper round and enjoying Blue Peter.:lolol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sunday May 19th 1991 V Millwall, quite a good game i seem to recall :laugh:

Nicky Bissett is sponsored by Video Sport, still no sign of mr Klunt im afraid

Ecosse I'm not having a senior moment here, it was brought to my attention by the legend that is John Vinicombe, I'm sure its before I got married so its between 1988-1990, do you have all of the progs for that time?

Thanks

Harty

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
No luck for the following season either Harty, Bissett sponsored by Jack kaye law costings and no Peter Klunt sponsoring anyone else.

The directors are listed as Stanley (chairman), R.A. Bloom (vice chairman), W.Archer(lifetime slag), J.L. Campbell, B.E. Clarke, P.F. Kent, B.D. Lloyd, D. Sullivan

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ecosse I'm not having a senior moment here, it was brought to my attention by the legend that is John Vinicombe, I'm sure its before I got married so its between 1988-1990, do you have all of the progs for that time?

Thanks

Harty

Sorry mate, im not really a collector, just happened to have quite a few from around that time that i later gave to my son and he has kept them.
I dont have any from earlier than that im afraid, so over to proper collectors.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Thanks

Harty

Just gone through both those seasons - no luck

Sorry Harty

:shrug:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Hiney

What about 90-93, I know I was married by then but your mind can play tricks on you.

Harty

BINGO!!!

24 October 1990 v Hull City

albion901174x1253.jpg

:clap2: :clap2:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Hiney top bloke:clap2:

At least I know I've not lost my mind, although Nicky Bissett and Derek McGrath are easy to mix up as one was 6 foot plus and the other 5 foot nothing.

Even back then with the country under Mrs T sponsorship was clearly difficult to come by, a few familiar 'fillers' on the page, I doubt Mr Harwood, the groundsman, had to cough up for Budge and I'm sure Offshore was one of Mr Campbell's 'companies'.

Last edited:

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I love this thread.
But what i want to know is in your line of business Harty isn't it a bit of a risk to be bad at remembering dates?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I love this thread.
But what i want to know is in your line of business Harty isn't it a bit of a risk to be bad at remembering dates?

Scampi Mrs H runs the diary at work, different entity , give us a chance mate it was 20 years ago:laugh:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Is it wrong to say that I stopped looking after John Vinicombe was mentioned, as I attributed it to his eyesight being a little, er, 'blurry' when studying the matchday programme...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here