Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Board/card games

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Really? So rolling a dice, which comes up with random numbers sending you and your opponent anywhere on the board and picking up cards which could say anything isn't a game of luck and chance? Well I must not be playing it right then!

In addition to risk analysis of the probability of a said number (dice rolling is not a random number, some numbers are more probable than others) on the dice coming up against whether to spend on building to capture the best possible gain on an opponent landing against you landing on an opponents property, when to mortgage property etc etc

They actually have world monopoly tournaments.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In addition to risk analysis of the probability of a said number (dice rolling is not a random number, some numbers are more probable than others) on the dice coming up against whether to spend on building to capture the best possible gain on an opponent landing against you landing on an opponents property, when to mortgage property etc etc

They actually have world monopoly tournaments.

Well aware, just not buying into the fact that any dice throwing/hopping round a grid game isn't dominated above all else by luck and chance, rather than skill, no matter how much people try and dress it up as good financial management or whatever!

:)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Balderdash - excellent, even better when drinking
Cranium - excellent
Uno - excellent, spent hours as a kid playing this game.
Scattergories is also pretty damn good,

Played a very good game last Christmas called "who's in the bag" was great fun.

And if you're drinking I also recommend Jenga.

Walnuts is also a fun card game that's easy, but it can get boisterous and risk of injury as well, a great pissed game.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Well aware, just not buying into the fact that any dice throwing/hopping round a grid game isn't dominated above all else by luck and chance, rather than skill, no matter how much people try and dress it up as good financial management or whatever!

To be fair sounds like you describing real life :smile:

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
1: Monopoly
2: Ludo
3: Pass the Pigs (better if camping or during a power cut, not sure why just is)

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Pass The Pigs I can certainly vouch for. I remember playing that with [MENTION=3468]Bakesy[/MENTION], [MENTION=511]Ned[/MENTION], [MENTION=17]Yorkie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2125]dougdeep[/MENTION]. Very funny game and quite messy with the amount we'd drunk.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Pass The Pigs I can certainly vouch for. I remember playing that with [MENTION=3468]Bakesy[/MENTION], [MENTION=511]Ned[/MENTION], [MENTION=17]Yorkie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2125]dougdeep[/MENTION]. Very funny game and quite messy with the amount we'd drunk.

Crikey i remember when that was THE game to own!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just bought the new pass the pigs for the kids only a fiver :)

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

A good Monopoly player would have to be very very unlucky to lose against a poor one. That's what people (myself included) like about monopoly, it's a mix of luck and skill (just like poker)

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
discworld
hero quest
dreadfleet
All awesome and not your typical run of the mill throw your lucky dice and see where you end up. Not really for kids though.

I'll also add another vote for the pass the pigs.
Other board games to play with kids are:
13 dead end drive
go for broke
game of life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here