Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN1 TV signal (merged)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
BBC1, 2 ITV1 and CH4 all buggered on mine at moment.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Fine from Rowridge. Must be the Race Hill repeater.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
All fine on Freesat :thumbsup:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
yup - used it last night as the digital signal was terrible - kept breaking up and the picture kept pixelating.

one of the few advantages of analogue over the (pre4sent low power version0 of digital is the robustness of the signal........................

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
My Freeview box doesn't pick up ITV1, Ch4 or Ch5. So, yes. I'm guessing I'll probably lose the lot come next March.

try retuning the box (assuming you are using a set top box) and you should get all of them. Otherwise you could try changing the direction of your aerial so that it picks up a better signal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
try retuning the box (assuming you are using a set top box) and you should get all of them. Otherwise you could try changing the direction of your aerial so that it picks up a better signal.

Cheers, though retuning doesn't work. And had a TV bloke in last year fiddling with the aerial with the same result. TBH loss of ITV1, CH4 & CH5 is no great loss, still got the analogue to fall back on. Or I could stop being a cheapskate and get the Virgin cable linked up. That might work.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My Freeview box doesn't pick up ITV1, Ch4 or Ch5. So, yes. I'm guessing I'll probably lose the lot come next March.

I'm pretty sure when they turn off the analogue signal the digital signal will be strengthened so you'll probably find you'll be able to pick them up.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Freeview TV

Is anybody having problems with Freeview in Hove/Brighton at the moment?

I can't get BBC 1 or 2, (diagnostics show 0 signal strength) but I can get ITV and C4. Other channels: some work, some don't.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Good point, well made.

Whilst it was made tongue in cheek, for me there is almost nothing worth watching on BBC1 or ITV1 - the only 2 things I can think I watch are F1 (which I tend to fall asleep in, even though I like it), and QI. I can think of nothing else I want to watch on the "main" channels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here