Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue & White army to anfield

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There seems to be a huge lack of tradition now in the Budweiser sponsored F.A.cup.BTW doe's anyone remember when we wore our away kit at home(The Goldstone) because the opposition (Re ading i think) brought the wrong kit.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
There seems to be a huge lack of tradition now in the Budweiser sponsored F.A.cup.BTW doe's anyone remember when we wore our away kit at home(The Goldstone) because the opposition (Re ading i think) brought the wrong kit.

I remember this - it was our swirly pink one. Reading didn't actually bring the wrong kit, IIRC. Some fool had decided that despite their home kit being blue and white hoops, their away kit should be blue and yellow hoops - this was the one they turned up in and the ref decided that this was indistinguishable from blue and white stripes. So we wore pink swirly shirts. And shorts.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Kit man tweeted earlier that it has been under discussion at the club what we'll wear and "some fans will be disappointed"...

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
This really annoys me about football today. What is the reason for it? There is no clash of kits, and they played in red at our place.

If we were to beat them then you want to look back at the pictures in 20 years time of an away end with a sea of blue and white, not of green and black, which we will probably not play in again after this season.

What are the reasons for it?

Oy!!!! as the official chairman of the Green and Black away kit campaign run on here for the last 6 years. I am confident the Albion will resurrect the G&B after rotating a few other combinations.
The G&B has been a magnificent success and hopefully we can have the Red and Black back next year,if we could follow that with a return to the priestfield era Blue and Black we would have 3 great away shirts in a row.
Hopefully we will never see the god awful yellow or boring white again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well I hope everyone going to the the game will be wearing everything blue & White coz I for one will be , no green & black for me

Not me, don't do colours

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I never used to when I thought I was cool & trendy in my 20s & 30s but now I've turned 40 don't care anymore quite like wearing scarf and hat colours these days and very proud of it I am

Strange, that was about the time I stopped wearing them - still each to their own

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Surely you can't be serious I am and stop calling me Shirley

The Club have a marketing plan that involves having a deal with a shirt manufacturer which involves selling replica shirts and have in place a change colour for away games to maximise shirt sales and revenue and you think they will abandon this for one game because a a few people on an internet forum don't like it ???
In which parallel universe would this work in?

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
The Club have a marketing plan that involves having a deal with a shirt manufacturer which involves selling replica shirts and have in place a change colour for away games to maximise shirt sales and revenue and you think they will abandon this for one game because a a few people on an internet forum don't like it ???

probably the same parallel inverse where a Twitter campaign managed to get Cadbury's to bring back the Whispa.....oh hang on.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

Cor blimey mate you sound a barrel of laughs , surely you can't be serious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here