Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom wants automatic promotion next season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
10) There is FLAIR oozing out of the club right now in both the team and the backroom staff. Even our new head scout is a fancy named Spaniard. Name me one footballer who's name begins with Z who hasn't been CLASS...

Zesh Rehman?
Zat Knight?
Zak Whitbread

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Although im sure his intentions of a top two finish is the same as 8 or 9 chairmen in league 1, i do think its been a tad irresponsible to state that so early, as it firstly puts more pressure on gus, it gives the impression weve got loads of money so new signings will be asking an extra £500-1000 a week more no doubt, than they might have done, and putting the expectation up it makes us look failures if we dont do it.

You cant necessarily buy instant success anyway and i would be happy to make the playoffs if we cant get auto, although the chances of us having as much luck in the playoffs as last time is very slim.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
5) Our manager is CLASS. He commands respect from his players as he had an EXCELLENT playing career and has proven with the Forster saga that he won't take any shit from his charges. Who was the last boss we had who had won the FA Cup and played in the Champions League?

Liam Brady. All right, it was the European Cup but same principle.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Promotion to the Championship needs to be followed by 3 or 4 seasons consolidating before pushing for the Premier , we dont want to end up like Pompey.

The main thing I want for Falmer is that we fill as many seats week in week out and I don't really care what league we are in. Obviously being in the championship may increase attendances but you could also pose this question,

Would there be more bums on seats if we where in a relegation battle in the Championship or if we where winning week in week out flying high at the top of the table in League One?

At the end of the day the fans who are just coming along for the first few times will only return if we are winning, which is more likely in League One. As much as I would LOVE us to be in the Championship maybe one season in League one may not be so bad... as long as it is only ONE season :wink:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The whole club has changed. We will be looking at players that would never have considered us before and it will be down to Gus to decide if they come here rather then begging them - I hope!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There's nothing wrong with aiming high.

I think if Bloom backs Gus up with a decent war chest and Gus can bring in the players he wants for a serious push then there's every chance we could surprise a lot of people and relive the glory days of Micky Adams and Bobby Zamora.

Ultimately we are in a very good position given the stability and security we now have under Bloom's control and with the beautiful new stadium round the corner filling everyone with optimism there are a lot of parts to the puzzle coming together.

Consider:

1) We are financially secure, and probably among the wealthiest clubs in League One at the moment.

2) Our management team AND coaching set up is as good as it has been for many a year with RECOGNISED talented professionals who already appear to be moving the team in the right direction. With all due respect I'm fairly sure the likes of Micky Adams, Russell Slade and Dean Wilkins don't have UEFA Pro licences as our Gus does.

3) Poyet has already shown he recognises and can attract talented players. Calderon, Painter, Lua Lua and Hendrie have all proven to be very good additions to the squad.

4) The chairman has already done so much for the club by funding the stadium that he obviously has a vested interest in the team being successful as he is a businessman who'd like to see a return on his investment one day. The "no expense spared" attitude to Falmer will hopefully mean we boast a world class facility that will eventually bring in good money to the club. The better the hospitality and performance of the team, the more money can be made.

5) Our manager is CLASS. He commands respect from his players as he had an EXCELLENT playing career and has proven with the Forster saga that he won't take any shit from his charges. Who was the last boss we had who had won the FA Cup and played in the Champions League?

6) We already have some very decent players, many of whom are still very young and have the potential to get better. Calderon and Murray are in their PRIME whilst Bennett and Lua Lua still have their best years ahead of them (and I'm hopeful that Kazenga will stay for the long term).

7) After years of seeing decent players get progressively shitter during their time at Brighton we are now seeing genuine improvements in players who were once seen as dead wood. El Abd is FIVE TIMES the player he was a couple of years ago and Dicker, Navarro and Crofts have all upped their game since we first signed them.

8) Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway. Say no more.

9) Who wouldn't want to play in beautiful Sussex by the sea at a club with ambition, a big name manager, money to spend, a super duper new stadium and some very serious potential? I think we're a damn attractive option right now and players given the opportunity to represent the mighty Seagulls can consider themselves seriously LUCKY if you ask me.

10) There is FLAIR oozing out of the club right now in both the team and the backroom staff. Even our new head scout is a fancy named Spaniard. Name me one footballer who's name begins with Z who hasn't been CLASS...

Call me optimistic, maybe even unrealistic but I honestly think all the ingredients are there. If we can get in a few more top class players and hold on to the talent we have then I see this as potentially the most exciting period in the club's history.

Seriously, we are AWESOME and we are going places.

SEAGULLS

I want all this on a t shirt.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm concerned with promotion next season, as this would mean Premiership in 2012/13 and Champions League in 2013/14 ... only giving people four years to save up for all the hotel and transport costs ... but hey there's always credit cards!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It is all well and good saying these things, but ultimately what we need is for him to provide gus with a championship budget NOW so that we can buy a championship squad NOW so that we do not have to worry about rebuilding e.t.c. in our first year at falmer.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

Attachments

• Screenshot-1 (t shirt).png
    Screenshot-1 (t shirt).png
    37.9 KB · Views: 178

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
The main thing I want for Falmer is that we fill as many seats week in week out and I don't really care what league we are in. Obviously being in the championship may increase attendances but you could also pose this question,

Would there be more bums on seats if we where in a relegation battle in the Championship or if we where winning week in week out flying high at the top of the table in League One?

At the end of the day the fans who are just coming along for the first few times will only return if we are winning, which is more likely in League One. As much as I would LOVE us to be in the Championship maybe one season in League one may not be so bad... as long as it is only ONE season :wink:

Sorry, but are you always so pessimistic ??:wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here