Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom speaks...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bloom says "main". I capatalized it because I was quite surprised when I heard it.

I've just listened to the version on the club website. He actually says: "one of Oscar's main targets" which, once again, fits in (but doesn't necessarily mean) with the view from the Oscar camp that he was on his list, but at the bottom of it.
One other thing: the version on Seagulls Player is 12 min 44 secs, whereas the BBC interview was 17 min 9 secs; anyone any idea of what's cut on the Player version?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've just listened to the version on the club website. He actually says: "one of Oscar's main targets" which, once again, fits in (but doesn't necessarily mean) with the view from the Oscar camp that he was on his list, but at the bottom of it.
One other thing: the version on Seagulls Player is 12 min 44 secs, whereas the BBC interview was 17 min 9 secs; anyone any idea of what's cut on the Player version?

The truth?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Still find it hard to grasp why we made such appointment in the first place,that and the appointment of Jones,perhaps Tony only knows why,but for me it all seems as if the appointments were made with an element of control from the senior management at the club.

Why? This is quite easily dealt with: it was intended to be a long-term appointment; Oscar's English would be improving, and his knowledge of English football and the Championship would be improving, by the time of his second year, precisely when the new training ground was up-and-running. This is really what's disappointing about Oscar's departure.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
View attachment 53770

(Nope - already ruled it out as too obvious :cool:)

Curse you.

david-beckham--z.jpg

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
Why is everyone assuming there was some big bust up/friction with the board? Sounds to me like we took a little bit of a gamble on OG in the hope that the promise he shows would pay off. We were happy to give him time to make that happen. He was happy to take a bit of a gamble with us too but was excited at the challenge. Then we got hit by injuries, the Gus situation still rumbling away in the background and the disruption with Bridcutt, all of which were unforeseen, and the job started to look less appealing.

TB has basically said that yes the info from the Argos is factually correct but it doesn't tell the whole story and is a bit unfair on the club as OG had a part in why things went like that too. Despite things being difficult this first year the club were willing to carry in with OG and hoped to persuade him to stick with it but he simply decided it wasn't for him so the club wished him well and move on, although he's clearly disappointed with the way OG announced it to the players without warning and quite rightly feels OG should have handled that a little bit differently.

So the club feel we had a great season under the circumstances, things aren't quite right but let's work together and sort it. And OG feels we had a great season, things aren't quite right but he's not happy here and it's just simply not for him. Seemples.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why? This is quite easily dealt with: it was intended to be a long-term appointment; Oscar's English would be improving, and his knowledge of English football and the Championship would be improving, by the time of his second year, precisely when the new training ground was up-and-running. This is really what's disappointing about Oscar's departure.

I'm not convinced and what with jones? strange set up,a coach and an assistant to the coach that the coach perhaps has never heard of? Oscar should have been appointed outright with his own staff and allowed to manage..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why is everyone assuming there was some big bust up/friction with the board? Sounds to me like we took a little bit of a gamble on OG in the hope that the promise he shows would pay off. We were happy to give him time to make that happen. He was happy to take a bit of a gamble with us too but was excited at the challenge. Then we got hit by injuries, the Gus situation still rumbling away in the background and the disruption with Bridcutt, all of which were unforeseen, and the job started to look less appealing.

TB has basically said that yes the info from the Argos is factually correct but it doesn't tell the whole story and is a bit unfair on the club as OG had a part in why things went like that too. Despite things being difficult this first year the club were willing to carry in with OG and hoped to persuade him to stick with it but he simply decided it wasn't for him so the club wished him well and move on, although he's clearly disappointed with the way OG announced it to the players without warning and quite rightly feels OG should have handled that a little bit differently.

So the club feel we had a great season under the circumstances, things aren't quite right but let's work together and sort it. And OG feels we had a great season, things aren't quite right but he's not happy here and it's just simply not for him. Seemples.

I'll have to accept that,1st time is an accident,2nd coincidence & if it happens a 3rd time..well that will prove enemy action,so to speak.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Sounds to me like we took a little bit of a gamble on OG in the hope that the promise he shows would pay off. We were happy to give him time to make that happen.

Nonsense. People were calling for his head within months, at least on NSC.

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
Nonsense. People were calling for his head within months, at least on NSC.

When I say we I mean the club as I've decided I speak on their behalf. Or I'm possibly the Queen. I'm not 100% certain which one I am but its DEFINITELY one of them.

Feb 14, 2010
I have not bothered reading the posts but is anyone seriously moaning about a 40 year old who has buiilt a new ground and a training ground whilst also covering a few £million losses? Dont get me wrong, it doesnt seem right that the 9th/10th best supported club in the country cannot compete with the likes and Palace and Wigan in the transfer market, but what can we do?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
He actually said "Yeah that's not true at all" to the suggestion that Oscar had a "BIG" list.
He went on to say that there were a few Oscar targets that we were unable to get.

Sorry, but just listened again, nothing about big was mentioned at all, the suggestion was he had his own list.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Refusing to deal with retained list, not available during key moments, unable to work effectively with senior club executives and wanting to leave just before run in.

Sounds like grounds for misconduct to me.....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sorry, but just listened again, nothing about big was mentioned at all, the suggestion was he had his own list.

You're right. I think it was Bloom saying "he didn't have many at all" that made me think he'd been asked about a big list.
My bad.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Nothing sinister - the club are running it in two parts. The second bit is tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here