Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom - It's complicated

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
How long before we start seeing threads linking us with totally unrealistic players by people "in the know " together with unending speculation on Lua Lua's future/contract/twitter.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Steve Foster, brightonmark1234 and Hurstpierpointseagull I'm sure are currently wetting their lips for an absolute MOAN fest.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Whilst there is naturally a lot of excitement about the players we may sign I do hope those players that got us there in the first place get an opportunity next season, they've won this league at a canter and there is no reason why they can't be extremely competitive next season. One or two key signings that's all we need, it's about evolution not revolution.

Thankfully that is obviously not the way that those running our Club see things. :US:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
My worry is Murray,should we lose him (and he is not a proven world beater ) then a fair part of the budget could go on a transfer fee to replace him .Maybe we replace with a free ? What strikers are out there on a Bosman ?

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Gus inspires me. His honesty, his realism, both serve to calm the panic waiting to rise from my stomach as it invariably does as transfer window time draws to a close.

I have absolute faith in what he's doing. He's great.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
With club revenue 5 times greater than at Withdean and no bank interest unlike most other clubs, there will be no begging and borrowing.
Don't underestimate the new greater cash inflows from the 1901 Club, exec boxes, TV, season tickets, banqueting/conferencing, advertising, sponsorship & merchandising.

There will also be big payroll savings on the hopefully departing (Hart, Kishishev ... both class), Baz, Battiepdi, Wood, Elphick, Sandaza, Holroyd, Brezovan & others.

With a class manager, his style of play, amazing stadium, and the attraction of Brighton and nearby London, the Club will make some big player purchases and perhaps a couple of class loanees from the EPL.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Im SURE Bloom will NOT leave his phone switched OFF over the summer like Dick TIGHT used to meaning we COULDNT sign any players. :angry: :angry: :angry:
If my memory serves me right, Dick TIGHT did what he had to do to keep this club alive. I'm sure if he'd the odd £90 million in his back pocket, he might have spent more, but...................

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I for one can't wait for all the doom-mongering PANIC threads from Steve Foster when we draw with Bognor or get turned over by Burgess Hill in early July.

Summers just wouldn't be the same.

Team vs Bognor

Great 2-2 against Bognor.

abismal these players should be wearing the badge with pride not letting the club embarass themselves against minnows bognor and whitehawk scraping a 1-0 win at burgess hill , sunderland will feel our arses in portugal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here