Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom: I won't stand in Gus's way From The Argus

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
But at the moment I don't think he and the paper are acting responsibly at all. As someone said earlier, Bloom is just answering the question in a long interview, and it's been headlined. It is Naylor/the sports editor setting the agenda. Didn't the paper do exactly the same sort of story with Gus last week? It's like they are actively trying to move the bloke on, which is not right for a local paper.

There is currently acres of Argus newsprint about the Albion - it is like it is the only news story in town. He has got to find an angle on every story. Of course it could be he just does not like Poyet.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Notice Bloom's actual quote is a "...big club in the Premiership...".

From that I think he's pretty much telling any Championship or lower Premiership teams that they can get lost if they come sniffing.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I have been one of Naylor's staunchest defenders on here, in the sense that I think some of the criticism he gets is ignorant and unwarranted.

But at the moment I don't think he and the paper are acting responsibly at all. As someone said earlier, Bloom is just answering the question in a long interview, and it's been headlined. It is Naylor/the sports editor setting the agenda. Didn't the paper do exactly the same sort of story with Gus last week? It's like they are actively trying to move the bloke on, which is not right for a local paper.

If there is interest from a Premier League club and they are telling the readers about it however unpalatable, that is different. But it seems the Argus can't wait to run the story that he is off to West Ham or someone.

I think it's easier for Bloom to answer these questions, as presumably he did, when out in Australia. By the way how much time does he spend out there each year?

I'm not a taxman...:whistle:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's probably totally non related, but Tarricio gave the pre match chat to Seagulls World yesterday and from the training ground shots Gus was nowhere to be seen! :eek:

Maybe he has just got a cold and was staying in the warm. :angel:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I have been one of Naylor's staunchest defenders on here, in the sense that I think some of the criticism he gets is ignorant and unwarranted.

If there is interest from a Premier League club and they are telling the readers about it however unpalatable, that is different. But it seems the Argus can't wait to run the story that he is off to West Ham or someone.

this. naylor hates the club, always has.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
If Bloom was turn round an say he WILL stand in Gus's way then we have problems.

The way he's talking is just common sense and exactly what you would expect.

Something had to fill the columns in the paper today.... :thumbsup:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I will be worried if Grant gets the push at West Ham,lets face it given the opportunity you could not blame Gus if he chose a current Premiership team,particularly if his present boss states he will not stand in his way.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Notice Bloom's actual quote is a "...big club in the Premiership...".

From that I think he's pretty much telling any Championship or lower Premiership teams that they can get lost if they come sniffing.
Thats the size of it:thumbsup:
No way will poyet leave for anything less than a premiership club as we will compete with most championship clubs if we go up anyway so pointless:thumbsup:

Managers come and go as thats football,but we will certainly attract some big name managers if poyet leaves.Can't see poyet leaving for a good couple of years anyway as he's building something special right the way through the club.

I would bet with anyone that poyet will be here for at least til the end of next season:thumbsup:i have a feeling poyet will take us to the prem:amex:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I bet the club and Gus are being sounded out all the time about his availability. The bottom line is that a lot of "football" people reckoned that Poyet was the coaching brains behind most of the clubs he's been at but weren't sure about his No.1 credentials.

Well, one year on and 8 points to the good, now everyone knows that the talented and charismatic coach looks like being a bloody good manager as well.

He's the real deal - but if he has any sense he'll get Brighton as far as he can before taking the helm at one of the really big premiership outfits - real European powers. My money and the ultimate dark horses are Arsenal. At some point Arsene Wenger may be looking to go upstairs at the Emirates and the way we play at the moment Gus looks like their sort of man! And of course, Sir Alex might be taking up the Matt Busby role soon.

Hold on until the big one comes along Gus (unless of course we're the big one!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here