Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom betting on the Albion?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Do you think Tony would have had a bit of a wager on the club to win promotion and then the title?

Would he bet on individual matches?

For someone who likes a punt i'd have thought even if he didnt back us at the start of the season once we started looking good he'd have jumped on for a sum.

What ya reckon?

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
About £100 million?

Seriously though, even someone like Tony might think he's got enough at stake on the success of the club to want to stack more on in individual bets. But then I'm not an international poker champion...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Footballers are banned from betting on matches or competitions they are involved in (it was reported in September 2010 that the FA are considering a ban on pro footballers betting on any football match or competition at all), does the current rule also apply to managers and chairmen?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Maybe he bet £6m at 16/1, at the start of the season, on us to go up as champions!

No way would Bet365 lay that much at that price.
I suspect he may have back us with Victor Chandler for a few reasons.
- he used to work for them
- they supposedly accept large wagers
- they were the skinniest about us pre-season.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Unlike most gamblers Tony Bloom is good at it. With us I would say it's more a genuine love of the club though. Mind you if he does have a punt on us why shouldn't he ? It's club after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here