Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody tesco

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The thing that really annoys me about Tesco and Painsburys et al. is how they've killed off the local butchers, greengrocers, and small highstreet grocers....People moan and groan and wax lyrical about how good their high streets used to be but yet they still shop at these mega giants, so do they really care?

I'd love to see someone arrange a day or week where everyone bands together and doesn't go to a tesco or sainsbury or whatever, a self imposed ban on using the big hypermarkets...just because they want to say how much they DO care about their local retailers....I'd do it, quite happily...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The thing that really annoys me about Tesco and Painsburys et al. is how they've killed off the local butchers, greengrocers, and small highstreet grocers....People moan and groan and wax lyrical about how good their high streets used to be but yet they still shop at these mega giants, so do they really care?

A very worthwhile point TB, but have you ever tried driving/parking anywhere near the Open Market on a Saturday morning? We love shopping there, but it is such a pain to get to, and more expensive than a supermarket when you do eventually get there.

All the time supermarkets can offer easy access, free available parking and cheaper pricing structures than local shops, they will always win out.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
A very worthwhile point TB, but have you ever tried driving/parking anywhere near the Open Market on a Saturday morning? We love shopping there, but it is such a pain to get to, and more expensive than a supermarket when you do eventually get there.

All the time supermarkets can offer easy access, free available parking and cheaper pricing structures than local shops, they will always win out.

Exactly - thats the point isn't it - people will always want cheaper shopping thats easier to get to and with a wide variety, often also dictated by their wages.......I'm lucky here in Shoreham that I have a butcher, fruit and veg stand, baker, newsagent alll within walking distance - I do have to go to Tescos and I don't really like doing it, but sometimes paying about 1/2 the price for washing powder really makes a difference...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here