Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody Sunday & the Saville Inquiry.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That is complete and utter apologist horseshite. Forensic evidence showed that at least five of the dead terrorists had handled or fired a weapon - and the famous white hanky that was being waved? That had traces of gun oil on it as well. This panders to the Irish scum that took over a civil rights march and used it to try to kill British Soldiers. Those that deserved to die, tough shit, I would still piss on their graves. Those that were caught in the crossfire, it's a shame. Pity we don't have an enquiry this long and this expensive for every atrocity they carried out when the IRA killed innocents as well.

It broadly reflects the summary conclusions of the Saville inquiry, obviously a much longer report. Are you saying that is all just apologist horseshite? Go on. I dare you.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
It broadly reflects the summary conclusions of the Saville inquiry, obviously a much longer report. Are you saying that is all just apologist horseshite? Go on. I dare you.

So why is Cameron apologising then? Horseshite.
Why has there not been a similar enquiry into the Omagh bombing? Or Birmingham? Or Manchester? Or London? Horsehite.
Why do we give credibility to self admitted terrorists who were there at the time but are now "legitimate policiticans". Horseshite.
When we have balanced enquiries that actually put some of the blame where it belongs this is just apologist horseshite. The parents of the murderers of the IRA who fired guns are holding up photos of the bastards as though they were amongst the innocents - that is horseshite. They should use those photos for target practice because they were not innocent, they hid amongst the crowd and their families cry crocodile tears because their Armalite wielding bastard offspring got shot.

That is just so much horseshite.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So why is Cameron apologising then? Horseshite.
Why has there not been a similar enquiry into the Omagh bombing? Or Birmingham? Or Manchester? Or London? Horsehite.
Why do we give credibility to self admitted terrorists who were there at the time but are now "legitimate policiticans". Horseshite.
When we have balanced enquiries that actually put some of the blame where it belongs this is just apologist horseshite. The parents of the murderers of the IRA who fired guns are holding up photos of the bastards as though they were amongst the innocents - that is horseshite. They should use those photos for target practice because they were not innocent, they hid amongst the crowd and their families cry crocodile tears because their Armalite wielding bastard offspring got shot.

That is just so much horseshite.

Unfortunately, I don't think you have the perspective today to realise the damage that cover-ups and lies do once revealed. Being prepared to die for you comrade in battle is essential and a force for good in a war-zone, but it has also been shown to be the enemy of truth in court or an inquiry.

Some of the things you say may be true, though if they are not reflected in the report today that will ultimately be worth jack shit.

IRA murderers are one thing, innocent civilians are another. In one of your earlier posts you said 'at least five had it coming'. What about the others?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Unfortunately, I don't think you have the perspective today to realise the damage that cover-ups and lies do once revealed. Being prepared to die for you comrade in battle is essential and a force for good in a war-zone, but it has also been shown to be the enemy of truth in court or an inquiry.

Some of the things you say may be true, though if they are not reflected in the report today that will ultimately be worth jack shit.

IRA murderers are one thing, innocent civilians are another. In one of your earlier posts you said 'at least five had it coming'. What about the others?

I am going to revise that. Two were killed unjustifiably according to the report. The rest had handled guns or explosives, therefore all those with residue or weapons on them, or that had handled them, deserved their SLR-sponsored trip to hell. I said that it was a shame about those caught in the crossfire of a hijacked march. I don't think Cameron should be apologising for this when it is clear that there were armed men on both sides, and if you open fire on the British Army they are not going to send thank you cards back. The IRA (and the Youth IRA) that were there at the time knew this, and they would have known that innocents would die - but hey, since when did the bogtrotters care about collateral damage?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Good point, an inquiry into why these events occurred would be good.

I mean what drives average people to commit such acts?

Find the reason for what's causing these people to go mental and you've found who is truly to blame for this situation.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Or the > 1,000 civilians killed by the IRA during the troubles.

That said I think we have to condemn the soldiers for their actions, but I can't stand the sanctimonious rubbish being spoken by the 'campaigners' and there Sinn Fein/IRA supporters - Comparing their situation with Nelson Mandela and protesters in tiananmen square? tw&ts. Civil rights march? Do a little research and you'll find out that some of the leaders of the Civil Rights Association were not entirely 'innocent'.....

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Don't feel anybody on here who wasn't serving in NI at the time has the right to a moral judgement.We had extremely strict guidelines for being able to open fire-the 'yellow book' we had to carry at all times ran to 4 pages!How can PIRA be classed as a military opponent?They only wore uniform at funerals & therefore were terrorists.If there are any Paras prosecuted over this,then it will be the most heinous political crime committed ever :mad:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Comparing their situation with Nelson Mandela and protesters in tiananmen square? tw&ts. Civil rights march? Do a little research and you'll find out that some of the leaders of the Civil Rights Association were not entirely 'innocent'.....

Some people would rather die on their feet than live on their knees.

Imagine if Germany had conquered England during the war.

The English civilians wouldn't have stood for this shit. They'd have made home made bombs and gotten out out shot guns and started opposing the Nazi turds rule from the get go.

We'd consider them heroes.

Funny how its often one rule for one situation, another rule for the same situation.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Interesting point Tyrone Bigguns. The IRA gave tactical support to Nazi bombers over Belfast in WWII. I belive Gerry Adams had family members who were heavily involved.

Sorry, but this inquiry was a sop to buy republican support for a peace treaty and I'll not take anything that murdering c.unt McGuinness has to say seriously.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Some people would rather die on their feet than live on their knees.

Imagine if Germany had conquered England during the war.

The English civilians wouldn't have stood for this shit. They'd have made home made bombs and gotten out out shot guns and started opposing the Nazi turds rule from the get go.

We'd consider them heroes.

Funny how its often one rule for one situation, another rule for the same situation.

Not being funny, but I really don't understand your point? I was pointing out that the Civil Rights Association was not an entirely innocent civilian organisation - If you want to argue the rights and wrongs of the ANC's campaign of violence, that's a whole different issue. The SA govt were correct to fight the ANC as they saw them as terrorists, the politics behind that fight were clearly flawed and horrible, likewise the British Govt were correct to deploy the military to try and keep order against violent organisations.

franks brother

How the f**k did the inquiry take 12 years to produce at a cost of £200m? They could have given £1m to each of the familes of those killed & even a further £500k to those who were injured without admitting liability & saved £180.5m at the same time.
More than 3,000 people, civilians as well as soldiers, police and prison officers, lost their lives during the troubles why does one event - horrific as it was - in 1972 warrant so much attention?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
the British Govt were correct to deploy the military to try and keep order against violent organisations.

I thought the British government sent in the army to protect the Catholic population in Northern Ireland from attacks from Loyalists.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Perhaps those shot were trying to jump the barrier on a tube station....

The rules are clear. You pay to travel...next time they will be reading the small print...

Surprisingly enough, it's not as easy to point and put pressure on a trigger as some here seem to think. Even in the heat of an incident when other people are letting off rounds, it still takes something different to aim and fire at a target. Shooting because "it's fun and they are there" simply is not an event. If you think someone is pointing something resembling a bang stick at you, then you want to get your shot off pdq, but I think most will admit that there is a fraction of a second when you see things a lot more clearly and you really do question what the action/reaction will be. Messy, but true.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That's an interesting viewpoint. Do you therefore think that no one who did not live in Nazi Germany at the time has the right to make a moral judgement about the Final Solution?

Proves my point quite nicely-rather large difference in the scale,& evidence in court from many of those involved,written,photographic,& film :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here