Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody Jobsworths

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Look, the fact is, they should have collected your rubbish THEN put a polite letter through your door asking you to put it on the pavement in the future..

Simple.

They should do but getting to do that is impossible! I deal with them every day (not in Brighton though) and it would help if they were consistant. Pasty is lucky he got a note through the letterbox!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
How would it be if EVERYONE left their bins inside and expected them to enter the property

You mean like it was in the 70's and 80's when no problems existed? Before they invented the problems that exist today because of overbearing council officers who waste millions with this sort of rubbish (pun intended!)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The councils have their noses out of joint big time, they are the ones that bear the pain of the governments recycling/rubbish reduction targets, yet the government refuse to subsidise their efforts as much as they require. So when it gets too hard or they feel too lazy - they just refuse to collect it.

Anyone want to join in my campaign to get the Supermarkets to start subsidising locals councils recycling and rubbish collections? They are afterall the ones that are creating this problem with their needless packaging and wrapping and receipts....or even better just take all your packaging back to the supermarket from which it came when you've eaten whatever was inside. Dump it in their bin!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
our bin used to be left for collections outside the back gate. I had to tow it 20 yards or so down a very slippery and very narrow alley and get soaking wet brushing past trees and bushes. So I moved it round to the front where I can leave it at the edge of the driveway - much less hassle!

Unfortunately the bin men only collect from the other side of the road and refused to cross over to empty mine!

My councillor said there was nothing she could (would) do about it so had to resort to resolving the issue by having a gentle word with the driver and passing across a £10 note!

When someone nicked the lids of my recycling bins they refused to empty them because the paper was wet - I had to go and buy new lids from the council depot 10 miles away because although the bin men say it is a common problem they are "not allowed" to carry replacement lids on their lorry (health & safety).

You have to wonder about the seeming relationship between costs increasing and standards declining:nono:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Anyone want to join in my campaign to get the Supermarkets to start subsidising locals councils recycling and rubbish collections?... Dump it in their bin!!

like it. thats the sort of creative thinking we need, thought of running for public office yourself?:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here