Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bloody job agencies

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Here we go again. This topic comes up every so often even though it's pretty clear that the only people who have any respect for Recruitment Consultants, Staff Agencies, Employment Bureaus call them what you will are people who either work in that so called profession or have a relationship with someone that does. The rest of us see them as a bunch of totally insincere individuals or worse.

However, to that end it makes them no worse that Estate Agents, Lawyers, Accountants, Life Insurance Salespersons of second hand car salespersons to name but a few.

Remember that however they start out trying to be your best friend to them you are just a commodity to be marketed and if they can't sell you they're not interested. Granted some agencies do have some less than ethical practices but that's true of pretty much all walks of life. Simple rule, don't expect much and you won't be too disappointed.

I worked for an agency 'Right4Staff' in West Street for a while - they were COMPLETELY USELESS!
I waited to hear about interviews and they'd not call - eventually saying "oh - the girl handling that has left the company" (people were always leaving that company!) and still not following up.
They really did not know their arses from their elbows, and rely on foreign influx that barely speak English, to do the menial shit they get. They pay low, and even forgot to pay me sometimes. If they made mistakes, they'd blame their temps.

I told them the one thing I categorically would NOT be looking to do, was telemarketting. What interviews would they send me on? That's right, telemarketting. They would disguise it by calling it 'business networking management' or some cobblers like that. WHY send someone who doesn't even want that work, to see a company who needs that employee? Bad for everyone!

Absolutely useless, you are better off looking in the papers yourselves than using agencies. Much of the time the plaques in their windows are made up, or months out of date too. They lie about wages, and have no clue about who they are hiring much of the time.

What if my mum is a recruitment consultant?

Can't you hire a new mum?

'Recruitment Consultant' is like those school 'careers advisors'. You just KNOW that if they were any good at anything, they'd be doing something else for a living.
Same as stockbrokers - if they were any good they'd have invested and made their own dosh instead of buggering about with other people's.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i today have now rang my uni and the agrency at the same time on two different phones. i actually acted like cilla black and was physically talkin ggo to both at the samre time as reed seem unable to call them themselves.

while i was telling them to reed sent the fax, telling me,on my mobile that it had just been done, while on my home phone my uni then said ''oh weve just recieved it''

sadl this coulnt go on for long but im hoping its been sent back now. usuless

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Mejona, have you tried events bar management? If you have facebook, they have a group on there, it really does what it says on the tin, you go to events such as proms in the park, the grand prix, the cricket, and get paid lots for it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here