Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody hell. 11 years ago this month...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Greg Stanley and Bill Archer had their infamous 'No Profit' clause EGM, a meeting which other Albion board directors were not invited to participate in. November 1993. No-one knew the results of this meeting for another 20 months, when Paul Samrah and Pau Bracchi went to Companies House after the news had broken of the sale of The Goldstone.

Just think what was going through their minds when this happened. They later called it 'an oversight'. How much grief have we been through as a result of this? Together with Hove Borough Council's planning commitee not putting in the safeguard of only giving Albion permission to re-develop The Goldstone AFTER a suitable alternative site had been found, all of our troubles can be traced back to this one meeting.

11 bloody years.

Do you remember what you were doing eleven years ago? Aside from being oblivious to a couple of tossers trying to kill off a football club.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was systematically shaving a herd of bufallo in Phoenix, Arizona. I remember it vividly.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was in the Adriatic, going up & down the coast off Bosnia....(did have the odd wank too!)

Jul 20, 2003
I was living in Yorkshire not studying for my finals, going through a deep fat frying phase and introducing freshers to perversion and debauchery

marvellous scenes

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Most fans were busy trying to get Barry Lloyd out. I think we were bottom of Division 2 and had that god-awful pin-stripe kit. We lost 4-2 away at Bournemouth in the 1st round of the FA Cup on the 13th November 1993. Remember Lloyd being shouted down when he tried to address the crowd at a home game that season, think it was after a home defeat to Rotherham.

Mark Mcghee won the Division that season with Reading. Liam Brady turned our season around, one of the (very) few bright spots of the mid 90's, the crowds starting to come back, it all looked so promising.

Oh and German soft-core? Top teenage tugging material.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Most fans were busy trying to get Barry Lloyd out. I think we were bottom of Division 2 and had that god-awful pin-stripe kit. We lost 4-2 away at Bournemouth in the 1st round of the FA Cup on the 13th November 1993. Remember Lloyd being shouted down when he tried to address the crowd at a home game that season, think it was after a home defeat to Rotherham.

Mark Mcghee won the Division that season with Reading. Liam Brady turned our season around, one of the (very) few bright spots of the mid 90's, the crowds starting to come back, it all looked so promising.

Oh and German soft-core? Top teenage tugging material.

Was that the season when we finished away to Reading?
That was a quality day out. It was their promotion party & it wasn't all ticket! We took the whole town over. I think they wondered what we were doing there as we had nothing to play for, but there was a huge mob of Brighton there that day.

Old enough to remember that Royal Ali?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
House-hunting with my ex (bitch) and looking forward to my birthday.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That 4 - 2 defeat at B'mouth if I remember rightly was absolutely p**ing it down. I also remember the Brady takeover with fondness, if I can remember correctly we drew the first game under him 0 - 0 (barnet ??) in front of 10,000, i think the next game we whooped somebody 4 - 1 (cambridge) and i think simon funnell scored......as i was celebrating the 4th on the edge of the pitch at the north stand I remember thinking , this is it....we are on our way back !!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
smudge said:
Was that the season when we finished away to Reading?
That was a quality day out. It was their promotion party & it wasn't all ticket! We took the whole town over. I think they wondered what we were doing there as we had nothing to play for, but there was a huge mob of Brighton there that day.

Old enough to remember that Royal Ali?

i remember that game, i remember a police dog having a go at nogan from a corner. 2 - 0 wasn't it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here