Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody Bloody Bloody

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
You are right about cash machines. Some people seem to spend an eternity on it when I am in a queue.

It's either the elderly stood at one too high or too low for them to adequately see the buttons and commands of, their withered arms and gnarled fingers never arrowing directly once they've worked something out, or a generally poor-looking person who perhaps has three cards, looking for a dot of cash on any of them and wants to waste more paper on the slow-printing slips that are inadequate in detail for any great ponderance.
If stood in the rain brollyless and waiting for more than a minute, then i always mutter something about the person arranging a mortgage. It's not big or clever but it's what i do.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Couldn't care less about cashpoint machines, what's the harm in waiting? It's the ticket machines at train stations that do me. Many's the time I've arrived at Brighton station with plenty of time (6 or 7 minutes) before my train, specifically sought out the shortest ticket machine queue, all has been going well, people taking 30-40 seconds like you'd expect, then it gets to the fucker directly in front of me and they take five minutes plus pressing buttons then don't even buy a sodding ticket. It's like they hang around the station all day specifically doing it to wind people up. Or they're on a long term project to find the fare (with and without a railcard) to every station in the country in alphabetical order. Usually female. Usually student age. Bloody muppets. And relax.

Sep 1, 2010
Couldn't care less about cashpoint machines, what's the harm in waiting? It's the ticket machines at train stations that do me. Many's the time I've arrived at Brighton station with plenty of time (6 or 7 minutes) before my train, specifically sought out the shortest ticket machine queue, all has been going well, people taking 30-40 seconds like you'd expect, then it gets to the fucker directly in front of me and they take five minutes plus pressing buttons then don't even buy a sodding ticket. It's like they hang around the station all day specifically doing it to wind people up. Or they're on a long term project to find the fare (with and without a railcard) to every station in the country in alphabetical order. Usually female. Usually student age. Bloody muppets. And relax.

Blimey you need to relax:whistle:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Couldn't care less about cashpoint machines, what's the harm in waiting?

I have a fifteen minute morning break, no cash in my pocket, it's raining, and i want to buy a banana Yazoo, a newspaper to briefly scan a page of international news of and some barbecue flavoured Hula Hoops in the local Costcutters. In that shop i also want to look at the aisle which has a collection of poorly-crafted one-offs such as dope-smoking ashtrays and a three-pack of chewable pink tennisballs for dogs to be poisoned or excited by. Not enough on my list of wants to pay by card, so i have to wait, sometimes, for an idiot in front of me who hasn't meticulously pre-planned in order to take out ten pounds and then receive a noteless £7.64 in change. Annoying.
I was in another costcutters today and the tiller was half-way through processing my bread-n-cheese-n-soup collection, whilst knocking over my 39p Fanta, and then answered the phone saying to me he'd be back in a minute once he'd finished with the call. He got that wrong, i thought, and i patronisingly shook my head.

I am with you on those train ticket machine buffoons.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I have a fifteen minute morning break, no cash in my pocket, it's raining, and i want to buy a banana Yazoo, a newspaper to briefly scan a page of international news of and some barbecue flavoured Hula Hoops in the local Costcutters. In that shop i also want to look at the aisle which has a collection of poorly-crafted one-offs such as dope-smoking ashtrays and a three-pack of chewable pink tennisballs for dogs to be poisoned or excited by. Not enough on my list of wants to pay by card, so i have to wait, sometimes, for an idiot in front of me who hasn't meticulously pre-planned in order to take out ten pounds and then receive a noteless £7.64 in change. Annoying.
I was in another costcutters today and the tiller was half-way through processing my bread-n-cheese-n-soup collection, whilst knocking over my 39p Fanta, and then answered the phone saying to me he'd be back in a minute once he'd finished with the call. He got that wrong, i thought, and i patronisingly shook my head.

I am with you on those train ticket machine buffoons.

:lolol:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
1) Brazil the film 2) It because they do not make LMA manager anymore which i preferred due to it's half serious half ridiculous slant at a football management game

LMA Manager! That brings back memories

Sep 1, 2010
LMA Manager! That brings back memories

Proper game. Not over technical with a brilliant 3-D match engine. On one early version there were actually 2 people standing there do the FA Cup draws. It was brilliant fun along with great features like having the option of building your own stadium if you had the funds or a new stand. I think a PS3 one would work brilliant along with maybe online game playing. Shame it seems to be no more:cry:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Women who tend to forget that they have to produce money to buy a bus ticket or pay at the shops.

They seem genuinly surprised andf then, despite any time they may have spent waiting, then have to serch for that purse which is deep in some bag.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Those stupid f***ing trousers that boys are wearing that look like they have a wet nappy on,show their skids and half their arse, and hang down to their knees.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Skateboards. With those pissy little wheels that make a f***ing racket as they go along. In my day they were bigger wheels, in different colours and called OJ's or something on Gullwing trucks.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003

hank_marvin.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here