Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blood!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Doug's yearly why don't you give blood thread.

It doesn't hurt and you could save a life. How would you feel if a loved one was in an accident and needed a transfusion, and then you were told that there was no blood available, as nobody could be bothered to donate?

http://www.blood.co.uk/

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i am on blood pressuire tabs so i cant...sorry

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Good call. Give blood about 3 times a year these days. I'm a sucker for free tea and biscuits, but they could do with putting some younger nurses in the system....:blush:

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
HampshireSeagulls said:
Good call. Give blood about 3 times a year these days. I'm a sucker for free tea and biscuits, but they could do with putting some younger nurses in the system....:blush:

We don't get tea anymore, we get weak orange squash. :angry: Biscuits are good, nurses could do with revamping though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You get tea and chocolate biscuits and even crisps at Seaford. I'm A- by the way.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I notice there is a session TODAY in Lewes! I may well pop up there and offer a pint of the finest!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good reminder Doug. I haven't given for a few months now.

Just checked where to go and find that there's not another one in Brighton until the end of January...but at least it's up the road.

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I went to give blood once but they wouldn't let me. Apparently my blood isn't good enough or some such malarky. Something to do with the level of iron in it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Grendel said:
I went to give blood once but they wouldn't let me. Apparently my blood isn't good enough or some such malarky. Something to do with the level of iron in it.

You're anaemic then, you should see your GP.

I would love to give blood but have a phobia of needles. I ALWAYS break out in the sweat of all sweats and then faint. f***ing embarrassing, I have no control over this whatsoever. I tried hypnotherapy to get over it but it made it worse! What a wuss.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
dougdeep said:
Doug's yearly why don't you give blood thread.

It doesn't hurt and you could save a life. How would you feel if a loved one was in an accident and needed a transfusion, and then you were told that there was no blood available, as nobody could be bothered to donate?

http://www.blood.co.uk/

:clap: :clap: I do and would recomend anyone else who is thinking about it to go ahead and do it, it dosnt hurt and you meet some nurses:love:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
maffew said:
are you allowed to give blood if you've had a beer or two?

You are, but if you wait until after you've given blood you get pissed quicker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here