Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloke on the radio says we turned down extra West Ham tickets...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
They ( WHU) should offer a section of pay on the gate seats, that would cover all eventualities..... they are still going to be about 10k down on capacity, shouldn't be too hard to arrange.

Romford

Oct 31, 2004
Doubt if it'll be a sell out fellas so pay on the day....

The rule about the extra allocation seems stupid right now but last season we regular sold out and they'd only be 300 away fans so now its 2700 which have to be sold in blocks so that segregation is OK.

You could have been allocated the whole of the Centenary Stand but the last 1000 tickets are on pre-pay because very few teams show at our place and the tickets would get taken by WHU fans as they're the cheapest tickets. Its the 38 quid ones that they can't get rid off...

I must add that Spurs, Manure and Arse don't take the whole end and the Rent boys don't even usually fill the 2700 so great stuff for bringing the amount you are:clap:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Romford said:
Doubt if it'll be a sell out fellas so pay on the day....

The rule about the extra allocation seems stupid right now but last season we regular sold out and they'd only be 300 away fans so now its 2700 which have to be sold in blocks so that segregation is OK.

You could have been allocated the whole of the Centenary Stand but the last 1000 tickets are on pre-pay because very few teams show at our place and the tickets would get taken by WHU fans as they're the cheapest tickets. Its the 38 quid ones that they can't get rid off...

I must add that Spurs, Manure and Arse don't take the whole end and the Rent boys don't even usually fill the 2700 so great stuff for bringing the amount you are:clap:

Can't bloody wait!:drink:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So WHU should review their away end policy now they are no longer in the Prem... and our club should show more faith in the fans... 3,700 would have been great, and I am 100% sure we would have sold the extra 1,000... and the security risk from purchase of home end tickets by away fans is a big mistake IMHO... especially after the WHU v Chelski trouble...

Our club need to tell us the truth on this one...

Insider?...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Two things spring to mind here and BOTH are the clubs fault.

1) If the last 1000 are not returnable then the club should have put out for applications BEFORE we had to commit. Again, keep the fans informed of the situation. Have a cut off date. If you have enough applications then go for the full amount, if not then don't. Simple.

2) Why are WE not opperating this system ourselves? Offer clubs two packages. i) 400 seats sale or return ii) 400 sale or return + 300 pay up front.

Come on Albion, let;s get this sorted out! There is no use asking the fans to shell out when there are other ways to generate revenue with some sound business sense.

Presumably beacuse we carry all the costs of processing a futher £24,000 worth of cheques, for money to pass straight over to WHU

We lose money on away tickets becasue all the cheques will be made out to BHAFC so we would have to pay all the processing and administration (£s) costs on a further 1000 transactions. Without getting to hold on to the money as we would have to pay out to WHU

I suspect that WHU did not offer an EXTRA 1000 tix but merely offered us the option of 1700, 2700, 3700. and probably not on a sale or return but pay up for the lot - thats over £85,000 if we'd taken the full allocation of 3700

And when did we last take nearly 60% of a home gate to an ordinairy away match.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
BHA charge to cover admin costs... so they could have got the 1,000 extra tickets if they also knew the demand was there... looks like they messed up... but await Insiders comments with interest...

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I really can't believe that people are saying it's west hams fault.

Brighton were offered the extra seating and didn't accept.....end of.

As a result, you've now got god knows how many BHA fans sitting in the home end....which doesn't bother me one iota...but it will bother a lot of hardcore whu.

As Lammy says....why can't BHA adopt this pricing style

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
jevs said:
I really can't believe that people are saying it's west hams fault.

Brighton were offered the extra seating and didn't accept.....end of.

As a result, you've now got god knows how many BHA fans sitting in the home end....which doesn't bother me one iota...but it will bother a lot of hardcore whu.
I agree 100%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here