Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bloke gives two final tickets away

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
PMs aren't enabled until you've completed a certain number of posts and are fully verified by the mod team.

I would guess it isn't an issue. Given the number of posts and the thread title, I suggest it may have been a misread of the title and they assumed the OP was giving away free tickets. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No.

Laura’s story and personality has been highlighted by this incredible gesture and will inspire hundreds or thousands of people who are poorly at the moment. That would normally cost a lot more than £10k.

Is the right answer. The whole thing was pure genius, starting with the bloke's endeavour and planning. He seems to have great entrepreneurial spirit.

As for giving money to charity, I see all the dedicated volunteers collecting for the BHF, working in the charity shops, people doing sponsored this, that and the other, and I also see someone trousering a £200K a year salary from the BHF to do esoteric research that will, in my expectation and experience of this system over 35 years, benefit nobody (high risk, pie in the blue sky research). This is all inevitable because research funding is 'competitive' and disbursement of research funding is done on a 'competitive' and 'peer reviewed' basis. It is hard to find a better way to run the show, in a capitalist society, to be fair. But a benefactor who targets specific goals can also be part of the system. This, here, was just one small act of generosity, and looking at it as a diversion of funds that could have been used to support cancer research, for example, is a peevish and wrong-headed way of looking at things.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would guess it isn't an issue. Given the number of posts and the thread title, I suggest it may have been a misread of the title and they assumed the OP was giving away free tickets. :lolol:

Someone has been trying to PM me but they have been on NSC only a couple of weeks and have made only 2 posts. Sorry, it has nothing to do with this thread (I don't think) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION].

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Someone has been trying to PM me but they have been on NSC only a couple of weeks and have made only 2 posts. Sorry, it has nothing to do with this thread (I don't think) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION].

Way to ruin my funny! :)

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Saw that developing on Twitter yesterday I think…….

In other news re tickets being given away, last week Keir Starmer called the Government ‘reckless’ for going ahead with a big crowd…….today he’s also managed to blag a couple of free tickets. :shrug:

Talking of bandwagon jumping, I seem to remember a Leicester M.P. (Can’t remember his name) going into the House of Commons after Leicester won the title in 2016 wearing a club scarf. According to the locals he’d never been to a match in his life. :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here