Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

blocked mobile

staylor1234

Sep 3, 2004
portslade
anyone no how to unblock a mobile not unlock.thought i lost my phone so i had it blocked,got a new one on insurance then found me old one so my daughter wants to use it

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
staylor1234 said:
anyone no how to unblock a mobile not unlock.thought i lost my phone so i had it blocked,got a new one on insurance then found me old one so my daughter wants to use it

First thing that you must do is to notify the insurance company that you have found the phone that they have settled a claim on.
Be prepared to pay back all or some money. If you do not contact them you are committing a fraud.

Then you can contact the network that put the block on the phone.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
staylor1234 said:
i dont want to pay anything its a insurance jobby

Whether you want to or not, you are bound by law to notify the insurance company that you have found the lost phone. Otherwise you are committing a fraud.

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
Put the phone in a skip and forget about it.

A phone that has been blocked is very unlikely to ever become unblocked.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You can't have it both ways you reported it lost and claimed on insurance.

Therefore if you found it again be honest.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
You can buy new Pay as you go Phones these days for little more than £20, and even cheaper for used ones on Ebay, so get that wallet open.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
What is wrong with you guys? The man is simply trying a good old fashioned insurance fraud like we all do.

Sadly it is difficult to have these things unblocked. If your insurance company and phone company aren't related then you can carefully go back to the phone company and tell them you've found it, don't mention the insurance claim and after a few personal details they should be able to unblock it, but for god's sake be careful.

Otherwise try one of those dodgy market types who claim to be able to unblock anything. Generally they can just unlock phones but I'm sure if you found the right guy...

And don't worry, insurance fraud is barely a crime. It's not like anyone loses out

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bluejuice said:
What is wrong with you guys? The man is simply trying a good old fashioned insurance fraud like we all do.

Perhaps some of us are fed up with increasing insurance premiums due to activities like this ?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Beach Hut said:
Perhaps some of us are fed up with increasing insurance premiums due to activities like this ?

Then get some back by commintting some fraud :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here