Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey, never knew this about the Albion...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You know we won the Southern League in 1910, which allowed us to participate in the 1910 Charity Shield...?

Did you also know that Brighton & Hove Albion Reserves also won the Southern League in 1920-21 and again in 1926-27?

The league was split into sections. In 1921, Brighton Reserves won the English Section and beat Barry, the Welsh Champions 2-1 to claim the title. In 1927, Brighton Reserves won the Eastern Section and beat the Western Section champions 4-0 to be winners again.

The history they taught when I was at school was evidently RUBBISH.

yes I did

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
We have to have a copy of the Charity Shield displayed in the Flamer trophy cabinet and I will be doing a one-man crusade if it doesn't happen.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Early history brilliantly covered in my view in 'Albion' by John Vinocombe, a predecessor to Naylor the Stoke fan on the Ar Argus. Originally published late 70s, the detail of early Albion is staggering - real labour of love. Anyone new or nearly new who hasn't seen it - visit library immediately.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Early history brilliantly covered in my view in 'Albion' by John Vinocombe, a predecessor to Naylor the Stoke fan on the Ar Argus. Originally published late 70s, the detail of early Albion is staggering - real labour of love. Anyone new or nearly new who hasn't seen it - visit library immediately.

Even more brilliantly covered by Tim Carder's book

Please explain why he should be making fun at me when as I suggested I would think that every BHA fan knows we won the Charity Shield in 1910. I must missing something here or being a bit slow.

Possibly. If TLO had started this post with "We know" or "You all know", instead of just "You know", would that have made it so much clearer for you?
You know we won the Southern League in 1910, which allowed us to participate in the 1910 Charity Shield...?

Did you also know that Brighton & Hove Albion Reserves also won the Southern League in 1920-21 and again in 1926-27?

The history they taught when I was at school was evidently RUBBISH.

The thread title said he didnt know so I was beinga little facetious.

The thread title didn't state what he didn't know, so we were left with the daunting task of ascertaining just what it was from his first post. But tell me, do you honestly think it is conceivable that a supporter with 27,000 posts wouldn't know what the club's first national honour was?
And if you were being facetious as you now claim, could you specify exactly where?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh my giddy bloody Auntie's hell.

Of course I knew about the 1910 Charity Shield win - it's the type of fact you need to learn which part of a kind of rites of passage everyone has to go through in order to call yourself a Brighton fan. In mentioning that, I was merely setting the scene for the fact that the competition we won in order to participate in the said match, we won again in 1921 and 1927.

The latter fact was the one I didn't know.

Awlright?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here