Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey 9 (nine) threads on ATC about Sunderland ticket prices.

D

Deleted User X18H

I imagine the directors had a board meeting to determine what was a fair price with the confines of League Cup rules.

Don't forgot Tony Bloom has loaned Albion about £100 MILLION quid of his own cash so we can have the stadium we are all so in love with.

If a proprtion of this cash can be recouped just a little tiny bit quicker with top dollar for a glamour tie then so be it.

You get what you pay for. Please stop all bleating. We are second in the Championship and play home games in one of the most spectacular stadiums in Britain, not second from bottom of the Football League playing at Preistfield.

Get a grip some of you.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I was going to reduce the number, but thought it was unfair for me to choose which ones should go, so have left it to insider, he needs only reply to one or give the same answer to all, good old "copy and paste" :)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Don't forget that Sunderland had to agree on the price charged for this match, maybe they were opposed to reducing the prices.

I imagine the directors had a board meeting to determine what was a fair price with the confines of League Cup rules.

Don't forgot Tony Bloom has loaned Albion about £100 MILLION quid of his own cash so we can have the stadium we are all so in love with.

If a proprtion of this cash can be recouped just a little tiny bit quicker with top dollar for a glamour tie then so be it.

You get what you pay for. Please stop all bleating. We are second in the Championship and play home games in one of the most spectacular stadiums in Britain, not second from bottom of the Football League playing at Preistfield.

Get a grip some of you.

It's about paying full price for a 2nd round cup game Tim.

Not all of us are as financialy sound as you seem to be, i don't begrudge you that by the way.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
What's this £2.00 'web booking fee' thing all about? Hmmmm.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing

Get a grip some of you.

This. First time I agree with HB&B for a long time.

D

Deleted User X18H

It's about paying full price for a 2nd round cup game Tim.

Not all of us are as financialy sound as you seem to be, i don't begrudge you that by the way.

I am not even going mate and I am not as much as I was when I signed up to be honest.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Get a grip some of you.

Absolutely agree. I dread to think of the binfest that will happen if we get to the Premiership and the ticket prices go up.

You'd think we'd just introduced this fee. This is the cost from the web ticketing system that has been in place since we went with web ticketing.

I suggest if you want to reduce it you order more than one ticket at once as you pay only one fee for the whole transaction, not per ticket. Better still book for a group of friends all at once.

If you really dont want to pay the fee the pop to the ticket office.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

I can't see how they can justify this, if you go into the shop you don't have to pay it and it's exactly the same amount of work for them if not more. I'm talking smartcards rather than paper tickets.

D

Deleted User X18H

Why would you not go if the ticket is in with your 1901?

I bloody would.

Well I sort of share with the person I sit next to. So we can take friends, clients , assoicates along to games. I will have had the first three after Blackpool so it's only fair and I will be in London that day so it could be a little tricky.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Whilst I think the prices are a bit steep, the organised lobbying of the club on a public forum definitely ain't the way to go given all the remarkable investment we've benefited from. If you think it's too steep and not worth it then don't go, like me. I'm certainly not going to criticise the club who are, after all, simply trying to balance the books and get on a firm financial footing. You could argue that they will make more by charging less and getting a bigger gate but they think otherwise - that's their job!

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If you don't like the ticket prices then it's very simple DON'T f***ing GO!

If the ground is half empty as some of you are predicting then the club will re-evaluate the pricing of cup games in the future.

I bet half of you lot moaning will quite happily spend £45 on a crappy replica shirt because that is how much they cost these days. We're not a noddy club with a noddy squad in a noddy ground any more! It's going to cost more!

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
I don't know what all the fuss is about. We're a big team now with a stadium to pay for. Would you rather pay full price at Falmer or half price at Withdean?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Given the 100m stadium, 2.5m Mackail-Smith and 1m Will Buckley, it's hardly a suprise the club are trying to make some money back is it?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I can afford it, but £70 for me and Mrs Earle may be a step too far. It's only a Second Round Noddy Cup game FFS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here