Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bless. Leicester still think they're a big club!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Rougvie said:
I must have missed Leicester being a 'big' club, I was under the obviously false impression that they were a bit of a yo-yo, average Division 1/2 in the old days sort of club, these must be WRONG too...

League Titles Division *two* Championships:1924 - 25, 1936 - 37, 1953 - 54, 1956 -57, 1970 -71, 1979 - 80

FA Cup *Runners-up* 1949, 1961, 1963, 1969

Europe UEFA Cup *1st round*: 1998, 2000

Most capped player John O'Neill: 39 Northern Ireland
.... anyway you originally said that having all the facilities in the world didn't mean you would automatically be succsessful and I was agreeing with you! I didn't expect to get into some semantic discussion as to what actually a 'big' club was - suffice to say there are lots of clubs that think they are and thus put more pressure on their managers/players.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Brovian said:
Didn't they win the League Cup a few times though? Also by the criteria of actually winning things I don't think Sheff Wed strictly qualify as a 'big' club - but they think they are.

I thought they had too, but that was purely a cut and paste on my part, my knowledge of these run of the mill clubs is certainly not photograhic.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Brovian said:
.... anyway you originally said that having all the facilities in the world didn't mean you would automatically be succsessful and I was agreeing with you! I didn't expect to get into some semantic discussion as to what actually a 'big' club was - suffice to say there are lots of clubs that think they are and thus put more pressure on their managers/players.

I know you agreed, but I just felt I had to just EMPHASIZE how average a club Leicester really are.

Please dont hold that against me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Barnet Seagull said:
Agreed.

There's not for example, a first time I've accidently shoved a pineapple beneath my foreskin and beat it with a spatula.
Well, if there ever was a first time for that, I'm sure there wouldn't be a second.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rougvie said:
I know you agreed, but I just felt I had to just EMPHASIZE how average a club Leicester really are.

Please dont hold that against me.
Well I think I'm going to. I think you're a total COCK KNOCKER for emphasizing the point. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here