Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bless. Leicester still think they're a big club!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If I was Leicester I'd be straight on the phone to Phil Parkinson at Colchester. Now if he said no to stay at Layer Road, they'd know they were in real trouble.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
They really ARE a sad directionless buch of FOOLS, its almost as common knowlege in SWEATY than the Keane transfer to Celtic was, that Davies will join Rangers at the end of the season when McLeish gets the boot.

Still, it is a warning that just because you have all the facilities in the world, it doesnt give you an automatic RIGHT to even be half decent.

Wonder what crowds they will get in Div 1 next season

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last Updated: Tuesday, 31 January 2006, 09:58 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Preston reject Foxes' Davies bid
Preston have turned down an approach from Championship rivals Leicester to speak with manager Billy Davies.
Leicester parted company with Craig Levein last week and have now been rebuffed in attempts to talk to Davies and Burnley boss Steve Cotterill.

Preston chairman Derek Shaw said: "I can confirm that on Monday afternoon Leicester City called for permission to speak to Billy.

"But the call lasted about 30 seconds, and the answer was no."

The call went something like this

Leicester bloke " er, this is , er, liecester, er shitty, er sorry , city canwe like see if we can ,err speak like to your , umm manager about, er coming to us, please, ur umm thankyou"

pause

Derek Shaw "no" brrrrrrrrrrr...........................:lolol:

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Like the rest of you I couldn't believe they'd approached Davies.

There's something very wrong about managers hopping from one club to another in the same division mid-season, obviously Leicester don't give a f*** about anything or anybody.

Bigger clubs than them have got relegated from this division - Wolves, City, Sunderland, Forest, Wednesday etc - I would love it love it if they went down.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Even with a FREE STADIUM, they've STILL managed to royally f*** things up. I honestly don't think there is a club in this division that is more deserving of relegation than Leicester. If we can go 5 points clear of them tonight, that'd be a nice 1st nail.

Lovely stuff.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Pavilionaire said:
Like the rest of you I couldn't believe they'd approached Davies.

There's something very wrong about managers hopping from one club to another in the same division mid-season,

Like Mark Mcghee - TWICE!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Rougvie said:
... Still, it is a warning that just because you have all the facilities in the world, it doesnt give you an automatic RIGHT to even be half decent. ...
True. There seems to be an expectation that when we get Falmer we will automatically be turned into a promotion/play-off chasing team (in this division).

However I do think these 'big' clubs make a rod for their own backs; Leicester, Sheff Wed and Forest are three, but the biggest example is Wolves. The players and manager are under pressure every season to get the club back to their 'rightful' place in the Premiership and a return to the days of Billy Wright or at least Derek Dougan. Hopefully we'll never get that arrogant.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brovian said:

biggest example is Wolves. The players and manager are under pressure every season to get the club back to their 'rightful' place in the Premiership and a return to the days of Billy Wright or at least Derek Dougan. Hopefully we'll never get that arrogant.

I think we will be happy to be in the top 10 of the CCC every year with the odd challenge for a play off. What you must remember is that Wolves have a history of being a big club with FA Cups and League Championships.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) we only had 4 seasons in Div 1 and a cup final appearance.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I... What you must remember is that Wolves have a history of being a big club with FA Cups and League Championships.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) we only had 4 seasons in Div 1 and a cup final appearance.
I know, that's the point I was trying to make, we don't have a heritage to live up to, hence the pressures of being a Brighton player or manager will never be as great as those facing Wolves. At the moment we go mad when we finish 4th from bottom of Division Two! (As it was called when we first got into it).

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Brovian said:
However I do think these 'big' clubs make a rod for their own backs; Leicester, Sheff Wed and Forest are three, but the biggest example is Wolves. The players and manager are under pressure every season to get the club back to their 'rightful' place in the Premiership and a return to the days of Billy Wright or at least Derek Dougan. Hopefully we'll never get that arrogant.

I must have missed Leicester being a 'big' club, I was under the obviously false impression that they were a bit of a yo-yo, average Division 1/2 in the old days sort of club, these must be WRONG too...

League Titles Division *two* Championships:1924 - 25, 1936 - 37, 1953 - 54, 1956 -57, 1970 -71, 1979 - 80

FA Cup *Runners-up* 1949, 1961, 1963, 1969

Europe UEFA Cup *1st round*: 1998, 2000

Most capped player John O'Neill: 39 Northern Ireland

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's a first time foe EVERYTHING though

(actually, there's not. That saying makes no sense).

Albion Rob

Certainly the least successful of the three clubs who form the triangle of pointlessness with Coventry and Derby.

They do seem to have had good players (Shilton, Banks(?), Lineker, Worthington) but don't seem to have done anything of any note for about 30 years - apart from winning the League Cup at a time when it genuinely looked like it was going to be scrapped due to lack of interest.

I understand they may have spent a lot of time in the top flight about 40 years ago and most preconceptions of how big football clubs are seem to based on their status in the 60s and 70s.

Hence why we seem to be at our rightful level now despite spending most of our history pluming the depths of the league's basement divisions.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Easy 10 said:
There's a first time foe EVERYTHING though

(actually, there's not. That saying makes no sense).

Agreed.

There's not for example, a first time I've accidently shoved a pineapple beneath my foreskin and beat it with a spatula.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Rougvie said:
I must have missed Leicester being a 'big' club, I was under the obviously false impression that they were a bit of a yo-yo, average Division 1/2 in the old days sort of club, these must be WRONG too...

League Titles Division *two* Championships:1924 - 25, 1936 - 37, 1953 - 54, 1956 -57, 1970 -71, 1979 - 80

FA Cup *Runners-up* 1949, 1961, 1963, 1969

Europe UEFA Cup *1st round*: 1998, 2000

Most capped player John O'Neill: 39 Northern Ireland
Didn't they win the League Cup a few times though? Also by the criteria of actually winning things I don't think Sheff Wed strictly qualify as a 'big' club - but they think they are.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Leicester v Forest will be a big match for League One. So would Derby v Forest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here