Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blayney/Henderson?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Henderson all the way. Positioning, communication and distribution are all better than Blayneys.

Minty Seagull

Sep 22, 2005
IMHO Blayney is the best keeper we've had for donkeys years. Hes alot bigger than Henderson, hes great at one on one's and seems to pull off saves that should be goals.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Henderson. I think he's improved as he's got games under his belt and he's now looking a very good keeper. Added to that I didn't think Blayney was anything special againstCoventry.

Minty Seagull said:
IMHO Blayney is the best keeper we've had for donkeys years. Hes alot bigger than Henderson, hes great at one on one's and seems to pull off saves that should be goals.

Agreed, as well as Henderson has played this season, he hasn't quite reached the level of consistent excellence that Blayney showed when he was one of the key players that kept us up last season. But the reality is there is little to choose between them on current form.

I reckon there is a little more to this than meets the eye. McGhee's choice may be influenced by who he thinks is more likely to end up the long-term goalkeeper here.

We know Henderson is little regarded at Villa at they have already tried to transfer him out once to QPR. While Blayney is No3 at Saints, we also know that the Saints seem reluctant to release him for whatever reason, despite the strenuous efforts we made in offering a fee.

So it may well be part of McGhee's calculations to keep the more available keeper we have happy.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
London Irish said:
Agreed, as well as Henderson has played this season, he hasn't quite reached the level of consistent excellence that Blayney showed when he was one of the key players that kept us up last season. But the reality is there is little to choose between them on current form.

I reckon there is a little more to this than meets the eye. McGhee's choice may be influenced by who he thinks is more likely to end up the long-term goalkeeper here.

We know Henderson is little regarded at Villa at they have already tried to transfer him out once to QPR. While Blayney is No3 at Saints, we also know that the Saints seem reluctant to release him for whatever reason, despite the strenuous efforts we made in offering a fee.

So it may well be part of McGhee's calculations to keep the more available keeper we have happy.

That is more than met my eye.
MYSTERIOUS!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think Blayney is the better all-round keeper, but Henderson has been getting better and better, so difficult to judge...

I also like the fact LI now recognises that I was right when I said Henderson was the more likely perm signing several weeks ago... he was arguing with me about that at the time... :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
reminds me of the fracas at Gillingham when there was almost a punch-up over the relative merits of Rust and Omerod.

Merits?... are you sure!?...

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Henderson - did nothing wrong the last couple of games, and certainly doesn't deserve to lose the place. Hard to say who's the better keeper overall, although I prefer Henderson's style. More like Ben Roberts :love:

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
reminds me of the fracas at Gillingham when there was almost a punch-up over the relative merits of Rust and Omerod.

Was it a fight over which was more shite?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here