Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blawg . Your love it. It's funny....ish

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I'll put my camouflage coat on if I walk past the Crown and Anchor later. Someone Cheshire Cat I think suggested me and another poster get room. I implied we already had one. Its a bedsit in Upper Lewes Road . Or At least it could be in a parallel cyber world. Anti HB&B attitude? As I alluded to in the message is not a particular concern really, it's all banter If I had been concerned I would have let you know about it, you being a moderator and all that. However I was concerned that something you stated on here that I had posted around two years ago had affected you. So that is what prompted my message

I can assure you 100% anything you say or do does not "Affect" me in any way whatsoever, you even miss the point when a bit of friendly advice is offered :shrug:.....

And it's never "something" you have posted, it's always "everything"................ my other bit of friendly advice is, get a wig, it might help to keep the one cell warm :lolol:

Oh and please do contact me, should you feel the need to.

D

Deleted User X18H

Certainly the first two are used way too often on here and it annoys me. Also 'retard' seems to be a popular one. Do people think about the meaning of these words? Not wanting to be a killjoy but it just seems people accept these words on here.

A lot of the people who use words such as this should know better Especially 'retard' which I hate. CRB checks are more far reaching than you think nowadays.

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh and please do contact me, should you feel the need to.

I certainly will . Your comment to the Argus about 'pushing someone 'of' his bike, still hangs on my office wall to this day.

Cheers Tony.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Youse all keep slagging his blog off, which means you all still read it

It's win/win for Timmity Tim, after all there's no such thing as bad publicity

D

Deleted User X18H

Shhhhh. Shut up you little sod.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Personally if I had a blog, which I don't, and I received even half of the criticism that I had on here, I'd be turning my hand to something else. Bad publicity is still that, bad publicity.

Thing is Tim thinks he's posting smart alec comments back at these people, as some sort of joke. But it just serves to fuel the fire really and people can't help but respond back even stronger.

He's been asked to give it a rest, and he doesn't. Explains the responses.

D

Deleted User X18H

Personally if I had a blog, which I don't, and I received even half of the criticism that I had on here, I'd be turning my hand to something else. Bad publicity is still that, bad publicity.

Thing is Tim thinks he's posting smart alec comments back at these people, as some sort of joke. But it just serves to fuel the fire really and people can't help but respond back even stronger.

He's been asked to give it a rest, and he doesn't. Explains the responses.

I have hardly responded really. If you read through the whole thread.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I read his blog, I like it, even though his grammar/punctuation isn't great. I'm not really worried about that as content is more important. It may seem self-indulgent and narcissistic, but that's blogging and bloggers for you, all else is journalism, and Tim never said he was one of them. Blogging is very personal, and I like to read what the little people, individuals, are up to. I can get the usual journalism, with it's own agendas, anytime I want.

There's an amateurish kind of honesty in the blogosphere, and mounds of utter cack (photos of cats licking their arses every morning etc), Tim's is far better than a lot of it. But, even if I didn't like his blog I wouldn't be so bothered as to hound the bloke around cyberspace just because I didn't like it. What the f*** is that all about?

I think there's more to this than offering up "friendly advice", it's all a bit too personal. You don't like the bloke, fine, say so, snidey digs at him disguised as 'critique' of his blog, referencing people with special needs etc, isn't very nice to read.

My two cents, carry on.

P.s. maybe next year they'll be burning an effigy of HB&B at Lewes (even MORE publicity, eh Tim?)

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think there's more to this than offering up "friendly advice", it's all a bit too personal. You don't like the bloke, fine, say so, snidey digs at him disguised as 'critique' of his blog, referencing people with special needs etc, isn't very nice to read.

Correct there is a lot more to this than just Tim's blog and whilst I agree in principle with your comment, I still do understand the responses given HB&B's history on this site...

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
He might hold views that some here might fine obnoxious, but shouldn't this place be a broad church? If he posts something you find offensive about gay people or whatever then the place to take him to task is when and where he says it.

He's never been offensive in his blog, but he should be beat up over it because he made an off-colour (to some here) remark about Gay Pride or whatever?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
He might hold views that some here might fine obnoxious, but shouldn't this place be a broad church? If he posts something you find offensive about gay people or whatever then the place to take him to task is when and where he says it.

He's never been offensive in his blog, but he should be beat up over it because he made an off-colour (to some here) remark about Gay Pride or whatever?

But its nothing to do with being offensive? He offered up his blog and people offered guidance and light critique, he offers it up again, people again offer guidance and medium critique, he offers it up again (and again, and again) and it becomes patently obvious he does not take one iota of notice of the once well meaning suggestions.

People get frustrated and tired of people who don't listen, who don't pay attention and dismiss well meaning comment with such toffy nosed attitude. You might think the response over the top and it may be. But there you go...

I've had enough/said enough now anyhow....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I generally find his words to be the gaseous bursts of the sizzling turd that Bozza labelled his work to be, but i do find the onslaught unnecessary. As much as he begs for attention of any sort, i doubt the unkindly statements he receives can't prick that over-polished ego at times. And there can't be any real good in that. None of us are expert writers or wits of the world, so we're not really in a position to slay him in cyber-public.
I feel equally stupid to have read these 8 pages, chortling harmfully at times, and to have eyed a blog that told me nothing but to never read such fare again.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
But its nothing to do with being offensive? He offered up his blog and people offered guidance and light critique, he offers it up again, people again offer guidance and medium critique, he offers it up again (and again, and again) and it becomes patently obvious he does not take one iota of notice of the once well meaning suggestions.

So f***ing what.

Like i said, people could let the thread drop to the bottom and he would not get half the clicks.

Anyway who made NSC's 'elite' the lord and f***ing executioner of blogs on the Albion?

The Albion Roar post every week about their show, and although they did get some stick for a while they get nothing like HB & B. So I ask again why are people making it so personal against him?

The Return of the Rev spouts of more dribble than 'Paul Valley'. But gets nothing.

Anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here