Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blair leaving - Falmer affected??

After the MASSIVE rebellion by back-bench Labour MPs this week, how can anyone imagine that the Labour Party will contrive the unopposed election of a new leader by June?

Lord Bracknell said:
After the MASSIVE rebellion by back-bench Labour MPs this week, how can anyone imagine that the Labour Party will contrive the unopposed election of a new leader by June?

From what I have read he is likely to announce his resignation on 5th May which allows for a 7 week campaign process - opposed or otherwise and hence 22nd June??

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
NS Herald said:
Just been reading the likely timescale for Blair to leave No. 10 and that we could have a new PM by 22nd June which of course would mean a new cabinet.

What are the implications for Falmer if she hasn't made a decision by then and someone else get's her job?

I'll probably only delay the decision by another year or 2:annoyed:

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
It's gonna be a NO. :(

Chill, why would they suddenly change their minds? It would make them look blo0dy stupid for starters. Even if the minister has changed, the staff advising her haven't (i'd imagine).

If anything winning this community award has sealed it for us.

I'm sure it'll be another yes in July, my only hope is that there's no silly appeals after that which'll hold things up.

NS Herald said:
I think it will be a Yes as well but am concerned if they could use it as an excuse to have a further delay. There must be a precedent as to whether a new Minister can make a ruling on what an old Minister has been working on - LB?
Bearing in mind that the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government makes a decision in 18,000 planning cases every year, it is inconceivable that these all decisions that are in the pipeline would be have to be delayed by a change in the postholder.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Big Jim said:
Chill, why would they suddenly change their minds?

Yeah, I can see that. But they point I can't forget is that she asked for more information. Surely nothing new came out in that information. So if RK wasn't convinced by everything Prescott heard, how can she possibly be convinced now? ???

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Lord Bracknell said:
Bearing in mind that the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government makes a decision in 18,000 planning cases every year, it is inconceivable that these all decisions that are in the pipeline would be have to be delayed by a change in the postholder.

I can't read that sentence, have you been drinking?:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here