Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

blackpool v cardiff...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well done and well deserved as they were the better team. At least a dream for 12 months. Is the chairmans father Owen Oyston still in prison for rape. He was convicted while he was chairman. Not sure of his sentence but probably not as it was 14 years ago.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No lap of honour for Cardiff. Watch them go into free fall as they needed the Premier's money, so pleased for Blackpool, there's hope for us yet !

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Glad to see Blackpool win, not only because I prefer them as a team but because it means that Cardiff will now have to pay for their ludicrous overspending, and not get away with it with TV money and then parachute payments propping them up.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Glad to see Blackpool win, not only because I prefer them as a team but because it means that Cardiff will now have to pay for their ludicrous overspending, and not get away with it with TV money and then parachute payments propping them up.

Totally agree, I suspect that they could follow Palarse into Administration.

If Blackpool can do it, so can we.

Five years and it will be us.

You heard it here first.
Indeed.

And we'll get the same "next year's laughing stock of the nation" comments when we get there.

Blackpool have had 28 years in the top flight of English football. Whether that helps them stay there remains to be seen. Whatever happens, it'll be fun watching Holloway's antics.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Like a lot of others,I don't think Blackpool will survive in the Premiership.But they will complete their gound,will improve their facilities,and with the parachute payments will end up with a better team.Not that anyone could justifiably criticise their team effort today.

Good for them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Owen Oyston has been out for years.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
they may be get beaten loasd, but they will be ££££££'s in