Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool fans BITTER about Dobbie

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will we even beat blackpool away? I doubt it?

I've seen us do it :)

Dreadful game which we completely robbed off them. If I remember the Football Genius got the winner. In the end of season highlights they had the Blackpool commentary and the bloke said something like (thick Lancashire accent) "ohhhhh nooooo. Crumplin's scored. Justice is never done".

Perhaps it's him that started that thread. Or perhaps there's just a lot of miserable bastards up there.

Last edited:

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
I don't see how Plymouth are bigger than Blackpool. There were both in the same lower league set as us, before that Plymouth were unmarkable and Blackpool were fairly decent. After that, they were both mid table Championship except Blackpool went up for a season and Plymouth are now keep off the foot of League 2 by, the most tinpot of clubs, Barnet. Quite why we're talking about that I'm not sure though.

Just because a few Blackpool fans are taking stupid potshots at us doesn't mean that we should do the same. We're from the south, we're more capable of rational thought and we should use that. The Blackpool of recent years have been a bigger club than us, there's no disputing that. Now though, I'd say we're in a fairly similar position in terms of strength. Our business last night might be just what we needed to get our noses in front of the likes of Blackpool, but that remains to be seen. All I will say is the future is looking pretty rosy for us right now.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
some people who don't live in the South do not have the concept that Brighton is maybe bigger than their local bin.
while we lived in Wales some thought that Brighton was a little seaside village nice to visit but surely nobody actually lives there and when you explain that nearly a 1/3 of a million people live in the "Brighton area" they look at you with total disbelief.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blackpool are a league 1 sized club who have punched above their weight because of 1 man, ian holloway. They now think of themselves as big time, they may have some good players but they are a small club with no where near the size or scope if ours

I think you should check your footballing history, especially Sir Stanley Matthews.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
some people who don't live in the South do not have the concept that Brighton is maybe bigger than their local bin.
while we lived in Wales some thought that Brighton was a little seaside village nice to visit but surely nobody actually lives there and when you explain that nearly a 1/3 of a million people live in the "Brighton area" they look at you with total disbelief.

very true. I think London gets in the way.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I'm sorry but that site is a joke. Any comparison based on their "figures" is a meaningless..

On what basis would think that!. You have not even given a reason!..

There Data is pretty up to date, And there valuations on players is quite accurate from what I've see in the transfer market.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Idiots. Their are several bigger clubs than us in the Championship, but they're not one of them.

Very true. Infact i'd even go ass far as saying wee're a bigger club than them. They've been knocking about in the lower divs with us for most of the last 20 years haven't they... And look at us now... And that isn't rose tinted as i'll freely admit Sheff Weds are a bigger club than us... (as per other thread)!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here