Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Rovers Season Ticket Prices

Mar 10, 2006
I always say that football has got too expensive but looking at the deals that lots of clubs are doing it seems that we are the ones who are expensive. I really want to get season tickets for me and my son but even by splitting it over the five month period on offer it still works out at a hundred a month which I just can't do on a budget. Sure loads of people are gonna read this and think well it's only £100 but we aren't all on high wages. Trouble with living in this area is it's assumed that you are well off - this may have been true 30 years ago but not nowadays.

I think you are wrong, how many times have we filled Withdean, not many. If the club offered a better deal to people with kids/teenagers, and brought down prices even more for students etc we could see a lot more season tickets sold. A full crowd paying half is better than a half ground paying full.

The problem is there's no evidence that cutting the prices in half would double the attendance.

See
Handbook on the economics of sport - Google Book Search

Bird (1982) estimates a ticket price elasticity of -0.22 for the entire English Football League.

There has probably been more recent analysis (I just googled this) but that suggests that if you halved prices you would increase attendance by just 11%.

There are of course limitations to this analysis but they're quite boring and I won't go into them.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Last time I checked there were about 9 prem teams with cheaper season ticket prices than us. Off the top of my head, hull west brom stoke blacburn and villa as mentioned wigan and some others that escape me at the moment

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Blackburn are offering unreserved seating in one part of the ground as well.

Still amazes me that people will defend the club on issues like this no matter what.

Defend the club on what issue?

As others have said, there's no point comparing our prices to Premiership clubs; they don't rely on gates as their main source of income. In fact I'd imagine it'd do more for their image to have a full gate, so they'll have a pricing structure set up to attempt to do this, rather than attempting to revenue-maximise.

I can't see prices coming down (in absolute terms). Bloom is not going to spunk millions upon millions upon the football club, we still as far as possible have to make ends meet. It'd be lovely to be able to have Blackburn-style pricing, and who knows, maybe if we made it to the Premiership and were there sufficiently long for malaise to set in (which is what has happened in Blackburn to the supporters) then maybe we could do. But for now the board has to be in a position where they make as much money as possible to fund the running of the football club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here