Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Rovers FC & their Fans

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
MOTD/FLS often shows outside ground protests.

Even so, should they not be protesting against Venkys during the game rather than the management?

To all intents and purposes Kean IS Venkys and therefore part of the problem. Impossible situation for Rovers fans, good luck to them.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It was interesting to note that the Venkys passed the fit and proper premier league test though.

Oh well , won't be Scuddamores problem when they got to the wall in L1 will it

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I, for one, won't criticise the Blackburn fans.

If there was a choice between League football with Archer or Conference with Knight, most fans would have chosen the latter.

I suspect most Blackburn fans if given a choice of Premier League with Venkeys or Championship without would make a similar choice. They are fighting to get their club back. Yes there are some who are complaining about performances but that's because of the way the club has been run down rather than the effort of the players on the pitch.

As for Kean. He's their equivalent of Bellotti. A mouthpiece for the owners, criticising the fans who object to them and generally stoking up ill feeling rather than calming it. We constantly protested against an employee who was a vitriloic spokesman so why shouldn't they? He's way too close to them, he stabbed Allardyce in the back (whatever I think of SA, that's still appalling) and did things not too disimilar to the crooks at Doncaster (signing mates and sons of business contacts).

Arlo White and his Sky cronies who don't care about who runs teams as long as they sell the glorious EPL and hype it up, can do one and stop criticising the fans over this.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Great piece by Iain Macintosh on the Blackburn farce. How anyone can blame Rovers fans for protesting at their club being apallingly mismanaged is beyond me. As for Kean, sure, he's a nice guy, no, he doesn't deserve death threats and bullets in the post BUT take everything out of the equation and he's still an awful manager and a major contributing factor in relegation.

Blackburn fans were right about Venky's and Kean all along | Lifes A Pitch

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think the Rovers fans have a point. The whole ownership situation at Blackburn is an absolute farce, and the shiteness of the team is a consequence of this. I actually thought the Rovers fans were out of order until I actually found out what it was they protesting about. It's not just about Keane, but the owners and agents who seem to be driving the club into the ground.

I hope they get rid of the Venkys and someone with the club's interests at heart takes over.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Great piece by Iain Macintosh on the Blackburn farce. How anyone can blame Rovers fans for protesting at their club being apallingly mismanaged is beyond me. As for Kean, sure, he's a nice guy, no, he doesn't deserve death threats and bullets in the post BUT take everything out of the equation and he's still an awful manager and a major contributing factor in relegation.

That is an excellent article, good find.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A bit over the top here?

Blackburn aren't the first club to get stuck with owners who won't invest in the team and appoint the wrong manager, and get relegated as a result.

Its hardly the same as selling the ground, asset-stripping, paying over-the-top salaries and transfer fees in pursuit of success, or loading huge debts on the club, is it? The way Radio 5 were talking last night it sounded like they were going bust, not simply being relegated one division. Booing the manager and shouting sack the board, fine, expected. Lobbing golf balls at them is rather over the top?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As for Kean. He's their equivalent of Bellotti. A mouthpiece for the owners, criticising the fans who object to them and generally stoking up ill feeling rather than calming it. We constantly protested against an employee who was a vitriloic spokesman so why shouldn't they? He's way too close to them, he stabbed Allardyce in the back (whatever I think of SA, that's still appalling) and did things not too disimilar to the crooks at Doncaster (signing mates and sons of business contacts)

I think you're completely wrong about Steve Kean. He has never done anything to "stoke up ill feeling", he has done nothing but try and manage the team. I don't think he's involved in the slightest with the Venkys, he's just the poor sod who is having to try and manage a team with no investment in a league they're not good enough to play in, with the backdrop of fans picking on the wrong guy. He shouldn't be their number 1 enemy, the Venkys should be. I don't think anyone on here thinks the Venkys are good owners or that they shouldn't be kicked out of the club and football completely. But Steve Kean is the wrong man to go after if getting rid of the Venkys is what you want.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did Albion fans hate mid-1990's managers, and make death threats? No.

All the hatred was targeted against the 2 land thieves, and their chief exec puppet.

That's where Blackburn fans lost the PR battle, by targeting an innocent employee; which appaulled the media, their own players & decent football folk.

They came across as scummy as those 'nice' people in the same valley from Burnley who showed much vitriol and mockery towards the Albion players and fans.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
A bit over the top here?

'And then there’s the rumour, well-placed and multi-sourced, that they were unaware of the concept of relegation. It might not be true, but it’s a measure of their incompetence that you can’t be sure.'

'Their first error was employing an agent, Jerome Anderson, to advise on football matters. Experienced manager Sam Allardyce was quickly sacked, [...] replaced by a rookie, someone who was far more enthusiastic about Anderson’s clients, [...] Steve Kean [and another client] John Jensen arrived to take up the assistant manager job. [...] Fortunately, Anderson emphatically allayed those fears by signing… erm… his own son, Myles. He still hasn’t played a single game.'

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

All the hatred was targeted against the 2 land thieves, and their chief exec puppet.

That's where Blackburn fans lost the PR battle, by targeting an innocent employee; which appaulled the media, their own players & decent football folk.

They came across as scummy as those 'nice' people in the same valley from Burnley who showed much vitriol and mockery towards the Albion players and fans.

Barry Lloyd

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I think you're completely wrong about Steve Kean. He has never done anything to "stoke up ill feeling", he has done nothing but try and manage the team. I don't think he's involved in the slightest with the Venkys, he's just the poor sod who is having to try and manage a team with no investment in a league they're not good enough to play in, with the backdrop of fans picking on the wrong guy. He shouldn't be their number 1 enemy, the Venkys should be. I don't think anyone on here thinks the Venkys are good owners or that they shouldn't be kicked out of the club and football completely. But Steve Kean is the wrong man to go after if getting rid of the Venkys is what you want.

You may think that but that would be ignoring the facts.

He has publicly slated the fans for their criticism of the board and that was when they were doing it away from matches.

He is involved with the Venkeys in as much as he was number 3 at the club under Allardyce. His agent is brought in by Venkeys to oversee transfers. Allardyce was less than impressed and was sacked to be replaced by the client of the man brought in to oversee transfers. In itself that would be bad enough - but I have it on cast iron authority that Venkeys were 'advised' by one of the coaching staff of some shortcomings in Allardyce's style and some comments he had made. That member of the coaching staff? One Kean!

Venkey's don't turn up to matches. jerome anderson (in charge of football matters and Kean's agent) doesn't turn up to matches. Who's left? The man who has played a part in causing the mess who just happens to be sitting in the dugout rather than the director's box.

Read up on the detail and you may have a different opinion.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I think the protests against the manager based on the form of the team is fully justified as the results were appalling. Hurling objects at him and firing personal abuse is not.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005

But Kean is their puppet. You need to read his quotes in the local press in Blackburn to understand that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A bit over the top here?

Blackburn aren't the first club to get stuck with owners who won't invest in the team and appoint the wrong manager, and get relegated as a result.

Its hardly the same as selling the ground, asset-stripping, paying over-the-top salaries and transfer fees in pursuit of success, or loading huge debts on the club, is it? The way Radio 5 were talking last night it sounded like they were going bust, not simply being relegated one division. Booing the manager and shouting sack the board, fine, expected. Lobbing golf balls at them is rather over the top?

Whatever you think of the man, the binning of Allardyce and the appointment of Kean quite frankly stank. The Venkys carried out this act with no consoltation with the board at BRFC whatsoever.

Jerome Anderson is Keans agent. Once Kean was installed as manager, a series of players (all next to useless) were signed through Anderson, who of course got his kickbacks on each signing. One of the players is Andersons son, who has barely kicked a ball all season.

Kean is a convicted drink driver who lied under oath, claiming his drinks had been spiked. He is a frontman, a stooge for the Venkys, a manager who will never make any waves for them as he is very much their man. And when Blackburn receive the parachute payments, I'd bet my bollock to a breadbin that the Venkys will swallow it up, run Blackburn into the ground, and cop off sharpish.

Kean is laughing all the way to the bank. He deserves zero sympathy, as a man of his highly limited coaching ability has managed to engineer a kings ransom for himself whilst in cahootswith of a bunch of indians who have no regard for BRFC whatsoever and are tearing the club apart.

He deserves every piece of bile hurled at him by those fans.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It was interesting to note that the Venkys passed the fit and proper premier league test though.

Unfortunately the fit and proper persons test does not cover fuckwitedness. If it did, the Venkys would clearly have not passed.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Whatever you think of the man, the binning of Allardyce and the appointment of Kean quite frankly stank. The Venkys carried out this act with no consoltation with the board at BRFC whatsoever.

Jerome Anderson is Keans agent. Once Kean was installed as manager, a series of players (all next to useless) were signed through Anderson, who of course got his kickbacks on each signing. One of the players is Andersons son, who has barely kicked a ball all season.

Kean is a convicted drink driver who lied under oath, claiming his drinks had been spiked. He is a frontman, a stooge for the Venkys, a manager who will never make any waves for them as he is very much their man. And when Blackburn receive the parachute payments, I'd bet my bollock to a breadbin that the Venkys will swallow it up, run Blackburn into the ground, and cop off sharpish.

Kean is laughing all the way to the bank. He deserves zero sympathy, as a man of his highly limited coaching ability has managed to engineer a kings ransom for himself whilst in cahootswith of a bunch of indians who have no regard for BRFC whatsoever and are tearing the club apart.

He deserves every piece of bile hurled at him by those fans.

It does stink. Thats why I wanted them relegated, terrible decision to sack Allardyce. Fans supported Venky's takeover didn't they?

I just think the violent side of the protests is too much, and can't accept the nature of the commentary that this is more than just a badly-managed club suffering a relegation. Its hardly the end of the world and they're hardly the first club to suffer this fate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It does stink. Thats why I wanted them relegated, terrible decision to sack Allardyce. Fans supported Venky's takeover didn't they?

I just think the violent side of the protests is too much, and can't accept the nature of the commentary that this is more than just a badly-managed club suffering a relegation. Its hardly the end of the world and they're hardly the first club to suffer this fate.

I expect they accepted the Venky takeover as most fans do - with cautious optimism. They made all the right noises at the start, but once they got their feet under the table, binned Allardyce, put Kean in, started talking about challenging for Champions League and signing Ronaldinho, the alarm bells would've been ringing loud and clear. Although I don't think anyone could have invisaged quite how horrific it has turned out under that mob.

There's relegation through just not being good enough on the pitch, and most fans are grown up and gracious enough to accept that. But the Venkys have taken over what was previously a comfortably established Premier League club of 11 years, installed a stooge, sold off their best players, replaced them with Jerome Anderson-stable junk, and then watched from afar thousands of miles away as the club has collapsed to relegation within 18 months. And an additional factor is that the likes of Anderson have PROFITTED from it.

I can fully understand them being absolutely incandescent with rage at what Venkys, Jerome and Kean have done to that club. They have totally wrecked it.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The Venkys, Kean and Anderson all work hand in hand. The club that Jack Walker built has been destroyed by these three cronies. Going by what Kean said last night on the BBC Sport Website, it looks like they've been planning on Relegation for sometime and he will still be there regardless what the fans think of him. The money they will get for N'Zonzi etc in the Summer, I wonder where that will go to? Because I'm sure Kean won't see it even the Parachute payments won't be seen either. I think Blackburn Rovers could be the next Pompey, and it is a f***ing shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here