Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn game - Tuesday 12th February kick-off 7.45pm

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Albion's home game against Blackburn Rovers has been provisionally arranged for Tuesday 12th February...

Albion’s home game against Blackburn Rovers has been rearranged for Tuesday 12th February, kick-off 7.45pm, but this fixture is subject to change should either side’s FA Cup fourth round tie go to a replay.

Gus Poyet’s side were scheduled to host Rovers on Saturday 26th January but this fixture has been moved with both sides playing in the FA Cup that weekend.

If Albion’s fourth round tie with Swansea City or Arsenal, or Blackburn’s tie with Derby County is a draw, the replay will take place on either Tuesday 12th or Wednesday 13th February and Albion’s Championship game against Blackburn will once again be rescheduled.

Tickets for Albion’s FA Cup fourth round tie are currently on sale to season-ticket holders; purchase tickets online now, call the ticketline on 0844 327 1901 or visit either of the club’s ticket offices.

Meanwhile, tickets are still available to all Albion supporters for Saturday’s home game against Derby County. Secure your ticket now via all methods.

Feb 11, 2006
Amsterdam
I bought tickets for the original fixture on the 26th for mates flying over from Amsterdam for their first taste of the Amex. Now it's been re-scheduled to mid-week, they can't attend. I phoned the ticket line and explained this and was told "All tickets are non refundable, you'll have to try and sell them on". Does this sound right? The website says that ticket refund requests should be made 7 days prior to the date of the game and would be considered on their merits, which is not what the ticketline told me.

I'm a little bit irked at the minute.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I bought tickets for the original fixture on the 26th for mates flying over from Amsterdam for their first taste of the Amex. Now it's been re-scheduled to mid-week, they can't attend. I phoned the ticket line and explained this and was told "All tickets are non refundable, you'll have to try and sell them on". Does this sound right? The website says that ticket refund requests should be made 7 days prior to the date of the game and would be considered on their merits, which is not what the ticketline told me.

Have to say if that is the long and short of it, whatever it says in the small print, that is one of the most shocking, unhelpful and ignorant pieces of customer service I have heard in a long time. I know its frustrating but I would try again with someone else and hope they have some understanding. Good customer service really can build a rapport between club and fan and this would seem on the face of it needless

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

try asking for your refund 7 days prior and dont be intimidated into accepting what they say but remind them of their own rules if you need to. I would be miffed too but hopefully next time you will speak to someone more reasonable. In the circumstances I might even be tempted to email customer services now as I suspect they might then respond more favourably.

This saga of home games on Saturday followed by home again on Tuesday is a pig if you live so far away as I do. I really might have to start missing games soon because of petrol costs and the health effect of so many long trips in such a short space of time (not getting any younger!). Not blaming the club but the fixture list isnt clever to begin with this season and rearranged matches make it even more difficult.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Funny how the club say tickets are non-exchangable too ??? They rescheduled the game so they must accommodate you and give a refund.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another freakin Saturday/Tuesday with no other home games, any time soon.

Feb 11, 2006
Amsterdam
Cool, thanks for all your help, I haven't given up. I just wondered what other people's experiences were / whether there was anyone in the same position. This is not the best first impression to give my mates "erm, can you give me £138 for that game at the Amex you're not going to see?".....One of the poor sods has booked his flights too!

I have to say that I am finding the Customer Service experience very dis-jointed, there is no consistent message between Website, Queens Road, Amex Shop, and ticketline. It's like dealing with four different companies sometimes. Maybe it's just me having these issues, but they also ballsed up a tour that I was on, booked in Queens Road, arrived on day of tour and I was "not on the list" despite having e-mail confirmation and print outs from Queens road.

Rant Over :annoyed:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I reckon it is guaranteed that either us or Blackburn will draw in the FA Cup and this game will be moved. Again.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Cool, thanks for all your help, I haven't given up. I just wondered what other people's experiences were / whether there was anyone in the same position. This is not the best first impression to give my mates "erm, can you give me £138 for that game at the Amex you're not going to see?".....One of the poor sods has booked his flights too!

I have to say that I am finding the Customer Service experience very dis-jointed, there is no consistent message between Website, Queens Road, Amex Shop, and ticketline. It's like dealing with four different companies sometimes. Maybe it's just me having these issues, but they also ballsed up a tour that I was on, booked in Queens Road, arrived on day of tour and I was "not on the list" despite having e-mail confirmation and print outs from Queens road.

Rant Over :annoyed:

I totally agree that the clubs response is wholly unacceptable given that it is a re arranged fixture and you should be entitled to a refund, however I would like to know when you purchased these tickets, was it before the Newcastle match ? If so, you were taking a massive gamble on the basis that either us or Blackburn would not win as if either would have one ( both did ) then the 4th round was always scheduled for the weekend of the Blackburn match and would obviously therefore not been played :D

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I reckon it is guaranteed that either us or Blackburn will draw in the FA Cup and this game will be moved. Again.

I really hope your right and it's Blackburn that draw because i am out of the country on the 12th and would miss the game.

Going from that, if it's likely to be moved again due to either side having a replay, it would probably mean that any replays will be on the 12th (no good for me) or 13th (day i get back) so in theory i could end up missing the chance to go if we draw the first game with say Arsenal and i would miss the chance to go to the replay by 1 day which would leave me gutted.

Feb 11, 2006
Amsterdam
I totally agree that the clubs response is wholly unacceptable given that it is a re arranged fixture and you should be entitled to a refund, however I would like to know when you purchased these tickets, was it before the Newcastle match ? If so, you were taking a massive gamble on the basis that either us or Blackburn would not win as if either would have one ( both did ) then the 4th round was always scheduled for the weekend of the Blackburn match and would obviously therefore not been played :D

Yeah you are right, I did buy the tickets prior to the FA Cup game with Newcastle, I didn't realise until FT that it scuppered the Blackburn game, that is my fault and I don't have any issues with that, the Amsterdam lads kept hassling me, "have you got the tickets yet" etc, and I didn't check which is my bad. It's the response, and the manner in which it was delivered that I am most disappointed with.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Yeah you are right, I did buy the tickets prior to the FA Cup game with Newcastle, I didn't realise until FT that it scuppered the Blackburn game, that is my fault and I don't have any issues with that, the Amsterdam lads kept hassling me, "have you got the tickets yet" etc, and I didn't check which is my bad. It's the response, and the manner in which it was delivered that I am most disappointed with.

I sincerely wish you nothing but success in getting a refund, I think the club have a moral duty to do so as it is a re arranged fixture.
Good Luck.

May 26, 2004
Hassocks
Interesting issue, I have 4 tickets for Blackburn at home purchased in December, I buy tickets for when we can go, not who we're playing and so mailed the club 2 days ago about swapping the tickets for the same seats at the Arsenal / Swansea game. Not had a response.....

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Crap, and totally unacceptable response from the club.

On one hand they don't want people selling tickets on NSC ticket exchange, now they are telling you to sell them on!

Oh, and if hey have booked flights, go to the Cup game instead!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
In the UK if the organiser reschedules an event and you cannot make it you are entitle to a full refund for the face value of the ticket so the only thing you should lose is the booking fee.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
There is a Club Charter, which you can view on the website. Have a good look at this as there may be something in it that you can use. Either way, I think the club must surely allow refunds when a fixture has fundamentally changed and think it's poor on the club's part not to cover this subject in its news updates.

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Have to say if that is the long and short of it, whatever it says in the small print, that is one of the most shocking, unhelpful and ignorant pieces of customer service I have heard in a long time. I know its frustrating but I would try again with someone else and hope they have some understanding. Good customer service really can build a rapport between club and fan and this would seem on the face of it needless

Try going into the ticket office and ask if they will exchange them. Take with you email confirmations of flights to validate your story, I'm sure you just need to speak to the right person and your situation can be resolved

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I will likely be looking for 3 or 4 tickets for this match. Certainly 2. Not been very impressed with how the club have dealt with the matter as when I phoned up enquiring if the date was likely to change if either side got to the 4th round I was told "can't say we won't know until it happens"......... surely 4th round weekend is known by clubs 3 weeks before? So I waited to see what happened before buying. More than happy to buy tickets from people IF they have been told by the club it is fine to sell them on at face value. Feel free to PM me if this is / is not allowed. Can't see an issue but know been some grief in the recent past. Done it with few people on here over the years in few different ways but I am in Hastings not Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here