Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackberry techie help needed ( @Bozza please ignore ! ) .......

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
OK, I have a monthly contract with Orange that included a free Sony Ericsson handest that I hate. My girlfriend recently switched to an Iphone ( splitter !!! ) from an Orange network Blackberry. I have a package that includes data ( 500mb ). It is a Blackberry Bold 9700.

I've put my SIM card in the Blackberry and calls and texts work perfectly. I reset the Blackberry back to factory default and want to setup a POP3/IMAP email account on it. At the moment I only get the option to setup a BES account rather than an internet account.

The internet suggests sending a Host Routing Table register request which I have done but I get no extra options. I've emailed Orange but apparently they have technical issues at the moment meaning I can't get support ( nor do I wish to enter into conversation with an Indian call centre ).

Anyone any ideas ? And yes, I've switched off and back on again !

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
:D
OK, I have a monthly contract with Orange that included a free Sony Ericsson handest that I hate. My girlfriend recently switched to an Iphone ( splitter !!! ) from an Orange network Blackberry. I have a package that includes data ( 500mb ). It is a Blackberry Bold 9700.

I've put my SIM card in the Blackberry and calls and texts work perfectly. I reset the Blackberry back to factory default and want to setup a POP3/IMAP email account on it. At the moment I only get the option to setup a BES account rather than an internet account.

The internet suggests sending a Host Routing Table register request which I have done but I get no extra options. I've emailed Orange but apparently they have technical issues at the moment meaning I can't get support ( nor do I wish to enter into conversation with an Indian call centre ).

i wouldn't worry Bozza's ignoring other threads, so i don't see why yours should be any different!! :D

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh Westdene Seagull sorry for the complete lack of help and rambling about willy wagging on your thread.

Not a problem - I'm never one to complain about a good willy waggle ! Can I do a waggle for your avatar ? :yum:

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven

I recently bought a Blackberry with 500Mb data, switched the sim to an Iphone where everything worked except the data (no internet/email etc). I called O2, they told me that Blackberry data plans were different from other phones (don,t ask me why). They re-se it over the phone and it's been fine ever since I don't know if this answers your query as I didn't fully understand what you were getting at but I hope it helps.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Blackberry data goes through RIM servers so they need to be on different plan to an ordinary phone.

Call Orange.

tycoon0_0

Aug 3, 2011
Basically, you need Blackberry Services added to your contract. It will cost you £5 extra a month and allows you to browse the internet, use the email and BBM (Blackberry Messenger).

Call up customer services and they can apply it within 24 hours.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Or switch to a BB tariff. ensure that your device gets registered to the RIM network and then create your BIS (blackberry internet service) account. when youve got all those steps ready your device should allow you to register your email to the handset and away you go.. (hopefully)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My daughter works for apple and i cant remember her telling me that someone has waggled their willie at her when buying any products. Not that she works on the shop floor anymore.

If you read the stuff that is written on here and take it as representative of how people feel about apple, they would have gone out of business ages ago, as opposed to selling out of nearly everything apple in teh shop every week. they must be doing something right or everyone apart from people on here are basically thick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here