Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Black' Teenager Anthony Walker

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why in multi-racial Britain in 2005 do newsprint and television news continue to refer to Brits of Afro Carribean origin in this way? Why can't it just be 'Teenager Anthony Walker'? Whilst we do live in a predominantly white society it just seems ludicrous to constantly make reference to someone's ethnicity if they are non-white. It's almost as though the white majority need to be made aware that this person wasn't 'one of them'

It sounds even more ludicrous coming out of the mouth of Darren Jordan, Trevor McDoughnut or George Allagaiya (sp?)

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The whole point about this particular murder was because the lad was black.

As it was a racially motivated murder then the newscasters have to mention it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not at all, he was just one example that I picked. In almost every story with a person of ethnic origin you get the same monicker attached.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well surely if the person is black then its just a detail attached to the introduction to the news report or whatever it may be. To be honest i cant think of another example, if you can find one then fair play but i think the Anthony Walker case is referred to like that because he was murdered purely because he was black.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
sir danny cullip said:
Well surely if the person is black then its just a detail attached to the introduction to the news report or whatever it may be. To be honest i cant think of another example, if you can find one then fair play but i think the Anthony Walker case is referred to like that because he was murdered purely because he was black.

The crux of it is that the lad had an axe embedded in his head. The whole country surely knows his ethnic origin, so it doesn't seem relevant to use that monicker every time.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:
It's almost as though the white majority need to be made aware that this person wasn't 'one of them'

Thats exactley it. There is a well documented reluctance in the leftist media to report racial murders were the victims are white, even though they are in the majority.

The reasons tend to be "not to stir up a white backlash", although isn't the focus on ethnic murders stiring things up?

Its also to generate "white guilt", the false idea that white people today are responsible for everything bad that happens to non-whites or anything that has ever happend to non whites.

It is also driven by semi-educated people who suffer from "white guilt", a skewed and incomplete understanding of history, economics etc.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
What are they going to rename the MOBO awards as then? The fact is that the term black is used by black people to describe themselves so they don't need white people telling them how they should or shouldn't be catagorised. Black is not considered a negative term by black people so why the fuss?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Re: Re: 'Black' Teenager Anthony Walker

looney said:
It is also driven by semi-educated people who suffer from "white guilt", a skewed and incomplete understanding of history, economics etc.

As opposed to "what a crock of shit"; the complete lack of understanding of anything displayed by paranoid idiots with an over-inflated opnion of their own IQ eh Looney?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Cheeky Monkey said:
The crux of it is that the lad had an axe embedded in his head. The whole country surely knows his ethnic origin, so it doesn't seem relevant to use that monicker every time.
What da ya reckon they do with the axe at the end of all this?

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
I think the murder was axecidental

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: 'Black' Teenager Anthony Walker

Hungry Joe said:
As opposed to "what a crock of shit"; the complete lack of understanding of anything displayed by paranoid idiots with an over-inflated opnion of their own IQ eh Looney?

Why do suffer from "white guilt", and if you do do you mind explaining what you have done wrong?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Re: Re: Re: Re: 'Black' Teenager Anthony Walker

looney said:
Why do suffer from "white guilt", and if you do do you mind explaining what you have done wrong?

What? Who said I was white anyway? The only thing I suffer guilt from is cheating on my first wife.

E

enigma

Re: Re: Re: 'Black' Teenager Anthony Walker

Hungry Joe said:

:clap:

Re: Re: 'Black' Teenager Anthony Walker

looney said:
There is a well documented reluctance in the leftist media to report racial murders were the victims are white, even though they are in the majority.

And your sources for that bunch of cobblers is........?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here