Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black netting blocking our view in away end!!!!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I had the pole perfectly in the middle of both goals... Only saw the shot for 1 goal today.

The stewards directed me to my 'seat', I stood there for 30secs and thought f*** that. Waited until ko and found a space down in block A!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Just to put some facts on the table:-

I was a carer with my son down in front of the netting, and yes it was annoying.

When we arrived at the Valley, we were told we had a choice. We could go sit in our seats, but if our fans stood, then we wouldn't be able to see. We were told that normally the seats in front of the disabled viewing, are blanked off, meaning when fans stand, disabled people can still see, however we had sold the full allocation, and so for the first time this season, disabled fans were offered the chance of sitting down at the front, so that we could see the game, or take a punt and risk watching someones back.

I'm not sure how many of our fans want to stand, but it only takes a few, and then most stand, and because you have paid your money and want to watch a game, you too stand. Problem occurs if you cannot stand, you end up watching someones back, or having a load of agro with your own fans, trying to get the people in front to sit down so your son can watch the football. Has happened on too many occasions for us, so we took the option of sitting at the front - which was a shame because the view is never as good.

The view we had was better than watching someones back and having a load of aggro with our own fans, but the netting was annoying.

For those that have stated that the Charlton disabled didn't have that protection - their pitch side seating was actually between the dugouts. My son cannot protect himself from a fast moving ball at pitchside.

For me, the answer should have been for Charlton not to of sold the first 2 rows of seating in front of the mid terrace disabled seating. In this arrangement all would have had a good view. Instead we had a poor view, at pitch level, through netting, and so did everyone else. However, Charlton sold another 40odd tickets.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Glad I wasn't going to football in the dark days of hooliganism when there were big metal fences at the front at most grounds in the seventies or eighties. Bizarre netting though and pointless.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Would getting hit in the face by the ball hurt a disabled person more than an able one,only asking and is it not against DDA regulations to discriminate against the disabled by obscuring their view of the game rather than protecting them in another way , again only asking .I don`t want another ban ffs

If you put someones head in a vice such that it couldn't move, and then fired a KLL freekick at it, the pain inflicted would be pretty much the same I would guess. The difference is that if you are disabled you cannot turn, move and avoid. I watched a disabled kid last weekend break his forearm, from a fairly tame shot at a wheelchair football game (and I mean tame).

Would prefer to have sat in the desagnated seats - they should have kept the row in front clear - then all would have been happy.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
On a positive note TS, at least you didn't get smacked in the head from all the off target shots :)

The funny thing is that in the pre match warm up the make shift goal nets were placed in front of the black netting ( like at the Amex then removed when the game starts ) and some unsuspecting bloke near me got struck on the head yes that netting was 20ft high but it was Ashley Barnes shooting :shrug:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I liked the We Have A Big Pole In Our Goal song

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here