Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black netting blocking our view in away end!!!!

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
The net at charlton!

Did anyone else have a problem with net today at Charlton in front of the disabled fans which then ridiculously stretched across to the goal. It was nowhere else in the ground and after the stewards had been asked many times to take it down they replied that it was fixed in place! This was even more annoying as we had just watched it being taken down at the home end. This was nowhere on the ticket and although it did not block the view very severely, it was a nuisance and it was not nice to watch a game through a load of string.
Rant over.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Very annoying today having to watch the whole 90 mins through black netting today In the away end today when I remonstrated with the stewards down the front I was told it was put up to protect the disabled supporters at the front as I looked to the left the disabled charlton fans had a lovely view with no black netting spoiling their view
People were getting very irate by this I've never known anything like it in all 40 years of football
Maybe at the Amex we should have netting all round the stadium to stop people getting hit by stray footballs FFS :facepalm:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Did anyone else have a problem with net today at Charlton in front of the disabled fans which then ridiculously stretched across to the goal. It was nowhere else in the ground and after the stewards had been asked many times to take it down they replied that it was fixed in place! This was even more annoying as we had just watched it being taken down at the home end. This was nowhere on the ticket and although it did not block the view very severely, it was a nuisance and it was not nice to watch a game through a load of string.
Rant over.
Better hope we never qualify for Europe then...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It was odd very odd but didn't spoil the view really.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It was obviously left up by mistake. The right side was clear!

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
This is the view I had, not impressed with £30.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355002135951.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355002135951.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 168

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Rant over.

As always was stand where you want today, you could have moved to the back of the stand

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Black netting? You lucky lucky bastards :) soon moved though!
image.jpg

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
did seem a bit odd. pre-match the players were doing some shooting practice in that corner so the netting is needed to stop people getting hit, but to leave it up for the game was wierd. i assumed at first that they'd just forgotten to take it down.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
They announced twice over the tannoy it was to protect the disabled :facepalm: so it was left up on purpose

are they allowed to leave it there though?
surely it would prevent evacuation on to the pitch in an emergency?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
did seem a bit odd. pre-match the players were doing some shooting practice in that corner so the netting is needed to stop people getting hit, but to leave it up for the game was wierd. i assumed at first that they'd just forgotten to take it down.

They explained that they'd oversold the seats, so the wheelchair supporters had to go pitchside so it was left up to protect them as there isn't much of a gap between the track and the pitch.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
:lolol:And there's us lot moaning about a bit of netting I feel better now

On a positive note TS, at least you didn't get smacked in the head from all the off target shots :)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Would getting hit in the face by the ball hurt a disabled person more than an able one,only asking and is it not against DDA regulations to discriminate against the disabled by obscuring their view of the game rather than protecting them in another way , again only asking .I don`t want another ban ffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here