Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Black Lives Matters on shirts

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't know if you are old enough to remember New York before "broken window" policing, but it was a scary place with many "no go" areas.

I think you’re being a bit of a drama queen; it wasn’t that bad.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Not waded through this gargantuan thread, but it strikes me as a fairly pointless empty gesture IMO. How exactly does this differ from the "Racism - Kick It Out" campaign thats been running in football for YEARS now ? And what has that ever achieved ? A racist is a racist, they're not going to be swayed by a green banner being carted about, along with numerous reminders on advertising hoardings.

Not sure why football always has to be used as a lightning rod all the time, but then I've gotten increasingly grumpy at the number of games that start with a minutes silence for someone I've barely heard of, or to consider my "mental health" blah blah. I'm only looking to watch a game of bloody football, I don't need to be brow-beaten by whatever is in the frigging news that week, thanks.

By and large I agree but then I think back to the debates earlier in the year around mental health issues being promoted through football. If even one person gained from that, it served a purpose. If just one person makes some kind of positive shift in their thinking because of the BLM message, surely it serves a purpose?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
By and large I agree but then I think back to the debates earlier in the year around mental health issues being promoted through football. If even one person gained from that, it served a purpose. If just one person makes some kind of positive shift in their thinking because of the BLM message, surely it serves a purpose?

Aye....personally I’ve never felt brow beaten by the mental health campaign... :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not waded through this gargantuan thread, but it strikes me as a fairly pointless empty gesture IMO. How exactly does this differ from the "Racism - Kick It Out" campaign thats been running in football for YEARS now ? And what has that ever achieved ? A racist is a racist, they're not going to be swayed by a green banner being carted about, along with numerous reminders on advertising hoardings.

Not sure why football always has to be used as a lightning rod all the time, but then I've gotten increasingly grumpy at the number of games that start with a minutes silence for someone I've barely heard of, or to consider my "mental health" blah blah. I'm only looking to watch a game of bloody football, I don't need to be brow-beaten by whatever is in the frigging news that week, thanks.

I agree to some extent but at the same it... it really isnt doing any harm or affecting play. If the players would gather in the mid circle after any dirty tackle, grabbing eachothers hands and singing "We Shall Overcome" I'd scream, but as it is now I dont really see the harm in it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Will Sussex Police, in the fact the entire nations officers, be allowed to wear button badges whilst on duty, depicting PC Keith Blakelock?

Where do you draw a line?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
if you need to be told that black lives matter in this day and age then i'm afraid you missed the 21st century morality boat.......the nuckle draggers as you call them are not going to take one bit of notice of 3 letters on a shirt and in my opinion this sort of campaign is going to push a lot of fence sitters in the wrong direction , with all the other shit that is going on around the world right now you really do have to ask yourselves what on earth is going on ......

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think we know where the hate is coming from.

Don't start accusing me of having outdated opinions, maybe some of those BLM protestors dragging up history from centuries ago should be the ones to have a long hard look at first.

Let it lie and get on with it and stop spreading the hate and division through our country.

Ever think your all being played......i wonder if the video of the white lad getting his throat cut yesterday , on the streets of London will become a mainstream news event....

i'll give it 50 50 odds........it managed to reach Australia in a few hours by messenger , sure the BBC must have access to it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ever think your all being played......i wonder if the video of the white lad getting his throat cut yesterday , on the streets of London will become a mainstream news event....

i'll give it 50 50 odds........it managed to reach Australia in a few hours by messenger , sure the BBC must have access to it.

Oh dear. You fell for fake far right news - well done. There’s images of the man after the ‘stabbing’ and shock - no blood. He walks away. Only one set of people being played here [emoji57]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
if you say so....the fella didn't look like he was going to walk anywhere , time will tell.

3e7045ac450b37ea525a4ddcbaeaabcf.jpg

You can see him on the end of the video too. No blood. Gullible fake news spreading fool

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That old chestnut [emoji106]

Both the Met & London Ambulance service confirmed there was no stabbings. So stop spreading fake news which does nothing to help any of this.

Last edited:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I certainly dont understand the UK Black Lives Matter agenda
very clear on objectives for everyone to see on their crowdfunding page

Committed to dismantle capitalism and will spend money raised on delivering strategies for the abolition of police.
https://uk.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fund
yet they have still raised nearly £900,000.

Wtf is going on?

Pasta, this is straightforward old fashioned political agitation, there is no chorent demand, it isn’t really about statues of Churchill, street names, Fawlty Towers, Gone with the wind. It’s a ploy to disrupt the country as we approach 30 June.

The globalist are in a piss, this is scorched earth policy.

If it wasn’t this it would probably be extinction rebellion..........they are playing a blinder though in riling people up.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Your quote on Albion fans is a myth, the minute the Amex opened it attracted 20k+ fans this would of been the case had we been in league 1 or the championship. Yes we attract day trippers the same happened at the Goldstone. Personally you wouldn’t lose money TB would which he frankly doesn’t deserve just to please the fans with mindsets like yours.

Can you imagine how crap the Amex would be with 8k home fans in league 2 depressing as shit, why anyone would wish for that is beyond me.

I disagree with that contention, however only time will tell.

Falling attendance and football quality will however mean a more pragmatic quid pro quo on the meaningless platitudes and gestures; whether by not being in the premier league circus with all the corpulence that enables BHA to indulge in non revenue generating activity, to the reality of managing an Amex with 15k die hard fans.

For example, maybe we will get our bottle tops back!

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
As well as losing money and fans jobs will be lost too, directly hundreds of them and indirectly many more too.

de1745564e9a7b0eb795925354d7ccac.jpg

As a wealthy person living in Bristol I appreciate that you clearly don’t give a damn about the livelihood or employment or people in the city where you were born if it is inconsistent with your political views.

As for politics, it was the protests, marches, creation of the Seagulls party and organisation that brought us to the Amex stadium. I guess you were too busy going through your Paul and Shark knitwear catalogue to notice.
a95771822ba651137441ba763be4543f.jpg

Enjoy spending your share options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There seems to be a preoccupation on this board with some posters, concerning where I live, what I do, what I wear, how much I earn, how I define my politics etc.

I will take it as a compliment, because otherwise we are staring down the barrel of sad with some furious box room masturbators.

And au contraire, I do care deeply about the club, it’s a major part of my life with all the good and the bad experiences of the last 40 years or so.

It’s because of that, and my connection to the sport, that I feel the way I do. You disagree, fine that’s diversity (of thought) for you, unless that isn’t really what I understand is meant about “celebrating diversity).

But this is a football chat site, no mor no less, I’m not damping my mattress about what people say on here about one another, and neither should you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There seems to be a preoccupation on this board with some posters, concerning where I live, what I do, what I wear, how much I earn, how I define my politics etc.

I will take it as a compliment, because otherwise we are staring down the barrel of sad with some furious box room masturbators.

And au contraire, I do care deeply about the club, it’s a major part of my life with all the good and the bad experiences of the last 40 years or so.

It’s because of that, and my connection to the sport, that I feel the way I do. You disagree, fine that’s diversity (of thought) for you, unless that isn’t really what I understand is meant about “celebrating diversity).

But this is a football chat site, no mor no less, I’m not damping my mattress about what people say on here about one another, and neither should you.

I’m entirely in agreement with you over diversity.

You’d rather the club be in League Two and hundreds lose their jobs if it fits in with your viewpoint of the world.

I’d rather they were employed.

Doesn’t mean that you’re right and I’m wrong or vice versa.

Just don’t share the same views.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Am I alone in thinking that replacing names on shirts with Black Lives Matter is insulting, bordering on racism against whites ? Politics and sport should not mix imho .

palace fan.jpg

The shirt on the guy in the middle seems oddly familiar. Does wearing a tag prevent you from ravelling to Central London from Croydon? And he doesn't seem to have a BLM message on it either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here