A1791616-140C-424A-A76D-171EC4A8934A.png
9483B329-FEB7-4C90-944F-A55ADC495CED.png
28884A1A-F7A0-4201-942C-B51512FAC16C.png
74BDAF9D-8487-4C55-AEB2-4728EFA70B73.png

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This isn't going as planned.

Whilst I didn't expect anyone to agree with me (and I'll also highlight I've bought nothing today), I was hoping someone clued up on TVs would have pointed me in the direction of something good by now.

Samsung or LG seem to be widely accepted as the best at the moment.
We bought a SamsungQE43QQ65TAU recently on the recommendation of friendly TV engineer recently. It’s excellent. Whether there are Black Friday deals......

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The voice of sanity.

There is no way I will ever go back to work in an office ever again so all my work shirts, ties, and suits went to the chariteeeee shop..., doing great work for chariteeee although I don’t like to talk about it ....... had a real clear out.

I haven’t taken to slob about in Jimmy jams though...still got to keep some decorum. :smile::smile::smile:

I wear shirts in preference to anything else, I wore a tie for an interview last year, and to a funeral earlier this year. no other time, which by rough calculation means I have enough ties for about 20 years without wearing the same one!

I love a good cotton shirt. tee shirts are for exercising and the workshop.

just checking my Man in Spain, see if he has anything lairy on offer today . . . :eek:

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Ah now trainers, that's another story. I'm barred from getting any more for a while as the shoe cupboard is overflowing so I'm not even looking.......

Plus the last pair I bought were Overkill / Consortium ZX10000s so the less said about the cost the better.

I've had a 'one in one out policy' for a couple of years put on me by the dorris that I have never truly enforced.

But this year has been worse than ever with so many places doing offers to bring in the monies. Since the Summer I've accidentally ended up with Green/White Diadora Bjorgs, Cherry Kickers Hi Boots, a pair of Adidas Samoas and now the Spezials which are on route from Asos - couldn't turn down £37 with free del :eek:

Same as you the cupboard is literally overflowing...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I regularly check the amazon deal of the day section, and of late have taken to regularly checking the 'under £4' section of apple movies. So I find black friday generally disappointing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Those concerned for my wellbeing will be pleased to know that I've still not bought anything.

I did have to pay £80 at the vet this morning however - not sure if there was an offer on or not.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This isn't going as planned.

Whilst I didn't expect anyone to agree with me (and I'll also highlight I've bought nothing today), I was hoping someone clued up on TVs would have pointed me in the direction of something good by now.

Out of interest, what size TV and budget, just to help everyone out here?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Look, I know this is silly, but does anyone feel some sort of mild pressure/anxiety related to Black Friday?

Sort of like "the whole world is snapping up amazing bargains and saving loads of money and I'm missing out".

Yes, yes I know that saving loads of money means spending loads of money.

We'd like to get a new TV, as we only have one in the house, and it's getting to the point where we want to shunt Bozza Jnr up to his room for his console playing so we're not all fighting for the one screen. So, he'll get the old one, which is about 7-8 years old, and we'll get a new one in the lounge. But I don't know where to start, frankly, as it seems that massive big-brand 4k TVs cost almost nothing these days.

Beyond that, it's only really Christmas present shopping that we "need" but where to start with that?

So, there you go, I know it's silly but a problem shared and all that...
Nope, no guilt, no worry and, thanks to no money to speak of to spaff its not a problem. It's quite liberating really, more people should try it and indeed, more probably will be for the next few Black Fridays I reckon.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I was willing my TV to self-destruct and give me an excuse, but it didn't happen. I have bought nothing today. Well, a fence panel but that was from Alsfords and they don't do discounts.......

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
For the Albion fans that want something casual and subtle without a big badge......

A lovely blue Hollister hoodie with a discreet seagull. If you download the Hollister app and order it off your mobile you can get it for £21.75 postage free.
I bought one recently for €40 in Germany, and as it's so nice and comfortable I've ordered another one today.

https://www.hollisterco.com/shop/uk/p/must-have-hoodie-41740819?categoryId=166322&seq=03&faceout=prod1

The little seagull badge is blue with a white outline.

You're welcome.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Couldn't give a toss, it's American bullshit. I'm sure it's already been pointed out on this thread but the irony of people having Thanksgiving yesterday and then going out and buy loads of extra crap the next day is not lost on me.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I dropped my phone on Tuesday and totally buggered the screen, so was hunting for decent deals amongst all the normal BF hyperbole. Already had my eye on upgrading my OnePlus 6T to an 8 Pro but couldn't justify shelling out £800. Managed to pick it up on Amazon for £600 on one of their 'Black Friday Deals', so I'm pretty happy with my efforts.

It is mostly bullshit though, and I do get that panicky pressure from looking at Amazon. I bought a three pack of Bjorn Borg boxers for £20 in panic a couple of years ago, I don't know if that was even a decent deal and I didn't particularly need them, but I felt better about just buying something

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here