Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bizzare Colchester manager comment

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I thought Colchester did a good job first half, if they had nicked a goal it would have been very difficult for us.

What I did see is that Gus is a genious, he recognised that teams will figure out our passing game - so he gets in Wood and gives us the more direct option.

(PS I stand corrected on my opinion of wood)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm confident there would've still been applause if we had gone in 0-0, as towards the end of the 1st half we were really pushing for a goal.

I told you it would be 0-0 :lol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gus has a Plan B as CliveWalker and HKFC et al suggest. Tippy Tappy if we want, long ball for Wood/Murray to knock down if we prefer. Colchester held on and eventually - inevitably - caved. Superb.

Stumpy Tim

Why is it that after EVERY game, someone posts a thread complaining about the opposition manager's comments. He was clearly referring to the old adage about keeping it tight early on to quieten the crowd. Gus talks about the same thing regularly

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trouble is this is very all very similar to the time we won back to back Championships and the 2nd time - once we were ahead in the league all the teams coming to Withdean either slung five across the back or tried to intimidate us into losing, which suit me fine as we coped really with both scenarios.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Although we were 1 up at half time, Gus did change things second half putting Bennett out wide on the left wing and making a 4-3-3 formation which really stretched them for 20 minutes, then he brought in Noone to do the same job. By the end I was almost feeling sorry for their right back.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here