Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
On their messageboard:

Lewes love in on NSC...
zeitgeist Sun Dec 19 11:20:05
User: zeitgeist [profile]
Views: 178

Urghhhhh...pass me the bucket! NSC sponsored yesterdays defensive farce at the Toilet Pan. Why Brighton supporters want to sponsor a team who's towns M.P. and council are trying to destroy the Albion is beyond me? They're having five minutes of fame right now and are punching above their weight. Wait until the money starts to dry up and all the long distance players start to desert them for pastures new?!...Well?...They're only in that division thanks to the rain and Darren Freeman aren't they? :)) Me bitter and twisted? Never! :))
Ian WFC Sun Dec 19 14:51:50
User: Ian [profile]
Views: 166

Firstly, fair play to Lewes for seizing upon an excellent PR opportunity and their side for giving their guests as good a game to watch as you are likely to see.

BUT (and isn't there always a but with me) the hypocracy of it all cracks me up. Brighton are on their knees financially and selling players left, right and centre. They have very publicly stated they need 2 million to keep going and have urged fans to help them out. Instead, the do-gooders of NSC choose to waste ?450 (a weeks wages for the desperately needed target man that Mark McGhee is desperately seeking?) on sponsoring a match between two sides they don't care about than putting it into their own club's pocket. It makes no sense at all to me. And to suggest that Lewes need the money is laughable given that they have apparantly recently acquired a house in the town for their long distance players to stay in overnight rather than travel home after games.

So, they've chosen to pay the rent on Lewes' player accomodation for a month (if the rumours are true) for them rather than 1/4 of a months loan for someone that might score the goals that keep them up. Free country and of course, they can spend their own money how they like. Seems a bit odd to me though.
Another Lewes Fan1 [paul@telford1958.freeserve.co.uk] Tue Dec 21 16:40:16
User: bluejeanblues [profile]
Views: 117

Think you will find that the reason for this support was our fans support through petitions, fundraising etc for Brightons plight despite the MPs stance which wont make him friends in Lewes itself particularly. As for the information about the house, I heard similar rumours about Mr Pook doing something similar for Sam Francis to keep him at Withdean and then Worthing. Again rumours. I have heard that Mark Whiteman shares a house in Lewes with one or two other players, but whether that is paid for I dont know, but they also do lots of off pitch activities which bring in revenue relating to schools liaison etc, that raise the profile of the club too; so could be argued that this is worthwhile expenditure if it is done in lieu of rent. Thank you for a reasoned argument on your site; a pleasure corresponding on here as always.

Interesting stuff.
Link: http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/forum.jsp?id=468&article=850

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yippee I am a do gooder on Nsc because I gave a tenner to Lewes.

I also went to the Worthing friendly and gave money to them through their turnstile or have they conveniently forgotten that?

Whinging Worthingers :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here