Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bitch should have got life....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I can see there being a government campaign soon with shock/horror footage of the dangers of texting and/or talking on the phone while driving - possibly along the same lines as the drink-driving campaigns at Christmas.

It leaves the government open to accusations of Nanny-state (a cheap tabloid phrase which to me has little value), but, as this girl has proved - and she certainly isn't the only one to have done this - there are some people who need this back-to-basics, treat-like-an-idiot campaigning battered into them.

I look forward to the day when being on the phone while driving has the same social stigma as drink-driving. Because until then, we will see more completely avoidable accidents.

Last edited:

It should be the first thing that gets taught in a driving lesson.

However, since such things are probably not done across the board, then making a case like this a high-profile example is the only precaution.

Is it enough though? Mobile telephones are not the same as, say, a compelling book or article in a newspaper - they can alert you to their existence at any point in a journey, screaming for immediate attention. Just like a tv in a room, a total distraction that commands that you pay it attention.

The only way to over-ride any possibility of these things interrupting driving, is to make a blocker that works as soon as they are inside a car. Never mind passengers using them, make them as outlawed as boozing in a car, actually prevent their ability to work in a vehicle - and lots of accidents will be avoided.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I look forward to the day when being on the phone while driving has the same social stigma as drink-driving. Because until then, we will see more completely avoidable accidents.

Unfortunately, the drink driving still doesn't have much stigma. It is still all too common.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
From what I have seen it isn't any particular social group or age.

She is a nineteen year old girl, with no sense of context and consequence. and brought up thinking that texting is a function of life. If it was your daughter you would see it differently. End of.

No I wouldn't. I would tell the selfish little cow that she should count herself lucky. And then when she got out I would drag her round to the victim's family by her self-centred f***ing earhole and make the bitch get on her knees to beg their forgivness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here