Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Got booked very early for Spurs to which didn’t / won’t help

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Regarding Luiz, Sky Sports News reported last night that the Villa owners are so rich that they would be happy to write off his value and keep him for his last season of his contract.

Biss wasn't that great with us at first. He grew into the role. Happy to but him back next season if it doesn't work out (at an ajusted Market Rate obviously)

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Bissouma is an excellent player. Given time I'm sure he'll be a big success at Spurs.

But if he isn't what a great bit of business it would be to sell Caicedo for 80m+ and get bissouma back for 15-20!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I watched the Spurs v West Ham game and I have to say that he looked a shadow of himself. More misplaced passes than in half a season with us. What I think may be the issue is that Spurs are so compact that he has little room to operate in. We play a far more expansive style and therefore we were more reliant on his athleticism and defensive attributes when we lost the ball. His body language wasn’t as confident.
We sometimes forget the impact of Graham Potter on our player’s confidence and outlook. His attitude to mistakes and being part of life. That’s why players love him.
Can you imagine making a mistake in a Conte team. He’ll send you to the reserves for a couple of months!
I hope he sees his way through it, but I’m not sure that Biss’s strengths will be seen fully in a Conte compact team formation.
Let’s get him back next season for a knock down price.

I watched the highlights but concentrated on Biss. I agree completely. There was one bit towards the end where Biss was casually walking back into the Spurs box whilst West Ham were mounting a dangerous attack. He looked completely lost and unbothered. I think Potter drilled him so hard, he always knew where he should be and what he should be doing with us. Yes - Conte will probably figure him out but it’s going to take some time based on that performance.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I watched the highlights but concentrated on Biss. I agree completely. There was one bit towards the end where Biss was casually walking back into the Spurs box whilst West Ham were mounting a dangerous attack. He looked completely lost and unbothered. I think Potter drilled him so hard, he always knew where he should be and what he should be doing with us. Yes - Conte will probably figure him out but it’s going to take some time based on that performance.

And there we have it in a nutshell. Potter gets the best out of a team by bringing out the best in his players. He makes them look several million dollars and they are worth it to us but immediately they move on they don’t have Potter or his system to rely on. They have to start from scratch and hope that they can adapt to their new manager, team and playing style. How often is the other person’s grass so much greener?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think - again - people are jumping to conclusions very quickly.

But if indeed it turns out Bissouma won't do well in Spurs... he's always welcome back.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Plenty of players happy to be a smaller fish in a better-paying bigger pond. Then you get lean and hungry youngsters like Lamptey and Gilmour swimming in the opposite direction. Know which I'd rather have in my matchday squad

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Conte said in his press conference today that Bissouma is behind Hojbjerg and Bentacur in the pecking order so it looks like he won’t be getting much football this season. I’m obviously biased but I’d much rather have Bissouma over those two.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Conte said in his press conference today that Bissouma is behind Hojbjerg and Bentacur in the pecking order so it looks like he won’t be getting much football this season. I’m obviously biased but I’d much rather have Bissouma over those two.

A few Spurs friends of mine assumed it would be Biss and Bentacur as first choice, as they saw Biss as big upgrade on Hojberg who is a fairly limited player. But through pre-season and the first 5 games Hojberg has really upped his game to retain his place. I guess he recognised that his place in the team was under threat.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Think - again - people are jumping to conclusions very quickly.

But if indeed it turns out Bissouma won't do well in Spurs... he's always welcome back.

Because this would be a fascinating message board if all anyone ever posted was "do you know what, I'm just going to take my time and see what happens in a few months".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I also think Biss needs a bit of love from his manager and a hand on the shoulder to bring the best out of him, not sure that's Conte's style.

We'll see

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Early days but the spuds fan at work knows he s class as seen him play for us
For a younger lad seems quite clued up re football Well premier league level
Apparently dad was not quite so enthused to put it mildly
Seems Biss was strolling about the entire game Not seeming very energetic if my colleague s report is correct Or damn lazy a polite version of his dad’s impression

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I also think Biss needs a bit of love from his manager and a hand on the shoulder to bring the best out of him, not sure that's Conte's style.

We'll see

He'll probably be there longer than Conte. As Juve players said when Conte left, he is great for a season or two and then it just becomes too much.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not going to well for him at the moment. Wonder what’s going on?

Maybe the bad attitude he seemed to have towards of his end of his time here has carried over. Can’t be a happy guy right now.

Hope it works out for him in the long run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here